German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!!! She's a handful and as much as joy as she brings, right now she's being a pain.

She's bored and we all know what bored pups are capable off... problem is, she's bored 80% of the day. I am trying my best to keep her occupied and redirect her boredom and energy into something useful.

Right now she's got that obsession with power-cable. She's already obsessed with the mop, vacuum cleaner, carpet, anything metal and plastic wise, shoes, jeans and towels.

So far I only crated her twice in the timeframe I had her, yet she's crate trained because she's travelling in a kennel when I take her with me and we have no problems whatsoever, she loves riding in the car and her kennel but I don't believe to crate her while she's in the house unless I really don't have a choice and can't take her with me.

It is tough to teach her manners.... babysteps, babysteps, babysteps but I wouldn't want to miss any of this.

Plus she sleeps through the night and doesn't destroy anything because she's staying with me and my husband as well with the old ones in the bedroom.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I hear you! My molly is nearly 6 months old and I call her the devil dog! Right now she's sleeping at my feet and I think how could I have such nasty thoughts about her when she's like this! :)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha that is funny, I just told my husband that she's sent from **** and a devil dog too. :wild:

It's like having a human baby I guess, they go through the same stages, it's just that human babies won't bite into your feet or nose. :D

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Mrs.K - I'm so pleased i'm not the only one who thinks that! How old is your girl? Molly seems to have a 'witching hour' at night when she is uncontrollable, she is walked twice a day and plays fetch in the backyard every day but still....l wish I knew where her batteries are hidden so I could remove them sometimes lol :)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indra is going into her 12th week and she's pretty much the same. She has the witching hour too. Usually one at night and one in the morning and sometimes half an hour in the afternoon.

It's crazy but sometimes you just have to laugh because they do the craziest things.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Yes Molly's 'hour' is usually around 7-8pm! Where I live we have so many cane toads so I can't let her outside alone at night to calm her down :( If she finds one before I can get to it,they are such a joy for her to play with and then bad mummy takes them off her and throws them over the fence!!! Can't bring myself to kill the horrible things which are poisonous and can be fatal. You are so right though...what else can you do but laugh :)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Ahh yes.. my 13 week old Wolfie is the same way. Right now he's sound asleep because I took him for a big walk. Otherwise he would be into everything or biting one of us.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
My Molly moo is doing the same thing for the same reason! Enjoy the respite! P.S. I am thinking of changing her name to THE PIRANHA:)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES!!! HAHAHA The Piranha, that name fits probably all three of them. She bit my boob. Not my nose, not my hand, arm, toes... no she bit right into my boob and I was like "REALLY?"

Gawsh, right now she's laying at my feets with her squeeky toy. And when you correct her she's looking at you with her big puppy eyes not understandig why she can't do it anymore.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Haha oh I know thats not funny really but.....:) I have read posts on here where pups are called 'land sharks' but I think mine is def more of a piranha! Molly is def more of foot biter! But at least Indra is only 12 weeks.....molly moo/devil dog/piranha is 22 weeks! Molly doesn't 'do the sad puppy eyes'...she's more like huh huh what are ya gona do huh???' Never met one quite like her :eek:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I finally know what everyone means when they say their puppy is like a shark... Kamahi was never like that. I was very lucky then, because now Tosca is biting :eek: and she's only 6 weeks. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Tosca's mum....so much fun huh! I'm actually wondering if Molly has split personalities....the lovely Molly and then hears voices and becomes a monster lol :D Would explain a lot hehehe :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Tosca's mum....so much fun huh! I'm actually wondering if Molly has split personalities....the lovely Molly and then hears voices and becomes a monster lol :D Would explain a lot hehehe :)
lol, maybe! :)
It's alot of fun raising and training a puppy, and well worth it when they're grown up and well mannered. :wub: The biting stage I could go without though lol.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I can't wait for this stage to be over lol

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear you. I hear you. I hear you. Indra bit into my cheek while I was wrestling with her. That did hurt...boy oh boy... it still hurts LOL.

Right now she is in the stage where she is jumping up at the table and drags everything down. She broke my favorite Kefir mug. But oh well.. I can buy a new one. It's just material that can be replaced.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Mrs K - I think I received payback for laughing when you said that Indra bit your boob....last night the same thing happened here! yikes it hurt like ****! I have a new name for the devil dog/piranha....THE FOUR LEGGED MOUTH!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts