German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Shasta is a 2.5 yr old male. A few weeks ago I started letting him off leash to play fetch (1.5 acre lot, lots of room to run). He loved it until he left the yard one day. Now, every time I let him off, he runs off. Which is totally annoying...

So that's not really my question, it's just a preamble, if you will. I have a long lead that I'm going to be solidifying his recall so he can once again go off leash. In the meantime, he is BORED with backpack walks for exercise. I need some things to teach him to work his brain. I think he needs something to think about and learn. So far, he can do a stay really well (sit and down), jump, spin, shake, basically all basic dog commands. What are some games to play with him to get his mind working?

·
Registered
315 Posts
That same reason is why we got an invisible fence. I don't trust it a 100% but enough I dont worry much about her wondering. Main thing now is watching for them digging holes under the deck and all over the yard like it's their job 🏗🚛.

Stuff to do with your dog as mentioned above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts