German Shepherds Forum banner

Bored dog...

882 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Petra's Dad 
#1 ·
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Shasta is a 2.5 yr old male. A few weeks ago I started letting him off leash to play fetch (1.5 acre lot, lots of room to run). He loved it until he left the yard one day. Now, every time I let him off, he runs off. Which is totally annoying...

So that's not really my question, it's just a preamble, if you will. I have a long lead that I'm going to be solidifying his recall so he can once again go off leash. In the meantime, he is BORED with backpack walks for exercise. I need some things to teach him to work his brain. I think he needs something to think about and learn. So far, he can do a stay really well (sit and down), jump, spin, shake, basically all basic dog commands. What are some games to play with him to get his mind working?

#3 ·
That same reason is why we got an invisible fence. I don't trust it a 100% but enough I dont worry much about her wondering. Main thing now is watching for them digging holes under the deck and all over the yard like it's their job ??.

Stuff to do with your dog as mentioned above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.