German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not exactly, but Dexter, now 8 months old just went to in-kennel training for a month. He's gone through basic obedience but I want him to have more intense training, and right now due to terrific circumstances, I'm going to be unable to spend a lot of time training for intermediate classes, so I thought this would be a good idea. I found a fabulous trainer in a nearby state and feel this will be really good for Dexter. Has anyone else done this and, if so, how did it turn out? I know we'll have to continue a lot of work when he returns, but I'm looking forward to it.

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I picked this place is because I got really good references, and the trainer and his facility is so wonderful that I'd like to stay there! It's a farm, so Dexter will get up close and personal with all kinds of critters.

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't leave him just anywhere. Naturally. This trainer takes in about five dogs or fewer at a time and they sleep inside, next to his bedroom. I've seen the farm. It's spotless from the chicken coops to the small kennel/bath area. And the owner/trainer is a sweet guy who doesn't employ harsh training methods. He comes highly recommended and has several dogs, including a fabulously trained GSD. I fully expect to actively participate in training once I pick up Dexter. But, under the current circumstances, I knew I'd miss a lot of training if we went to class, so I didn't want him to miss training at this age, so this seems ideal. I'm confident he's having some terrific experiences that will serve us all well in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.