German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get my GSD puppy next year and I'm looking to find some breed books. I've done my research before I chose the GSD but I feel you can never have to much knowledge.
So are there any breed specific books that you can recommend? Or even sport books. Since I'm going to be competing with him as he gets older.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
This is the book I wish I had read before I brought Dante home!!
Purely Positive Training: Companion To Competition
by Sheila Booth
http://www.dogwise.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=DTB588

I just gave my copy to a friend, wanted her to have the "well loved by Barb and Dante" copy...need to order me another one!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a great GSD book i got for xmas but i cant remember the name i'll send you the info when i get home from work!

·
Registered
618 Posts
German shepherds for dummies it was right up my alley

·
Registered
213 Posts
So i cant find the book lol. If I do i'll send you a message I think I let my friend borrow so I'll hound her tomorrow.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Originally Posted By: Oranges81Jeez..they have a dummy book for everything
Lol.
I looked at the book picked it up and said "hmm this looks like it was made for me"

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Sorry, not specific about German Shepherds. I have read tons of dog books, but my favorite is:

"If a Dog's Prayers were answered Bones Would Rain from the Sky."

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Susan Clothier's book entitled "If a Dog's Prayers Were answered Bones Would Rain From The sky."

I have read a lot of GSD books, and this one is not strickly about the GSD. But it is the best book about dogs I have ever read.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I looked at the book picked it up and said "hmm this looks like it was made for me" [/quote]

Do not have a book, was just reading the thread. This comment mad me laugh so hard!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just read that GSD for dummies book it was actually really informative. I liked it a lot, Before that I read puppies for dummies that was interesting also. Now I am reading The other end of the leash by Patricia McConnell though not breed specific its pretty good so far. I really think you should get GSD for dummies though.

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
I picked up "Bones" at the airport on my last trip. Haven't finished it yet but really like it.

Still, Sheila Booth's book is the ONE I wish I had had years earlier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts