German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we are getting our Puppy 4 weeks Friday. (May 17th). He will be 8 weeks when we get him. We will need to board him for a few days in June. June 22 we are getting married so we are planning on boarding him for Friday through to Monday morning.

My question is, what should we be doing to prepare him? Anything different?

I am sure this will not be great for house training however, we need to do what we need to do. Our breeder has a small boarding business as well so he will be going there and obviously will be in good hands. From everything I have read, it is good for a young dog to be boarded so it gets used to it at a young age, I am just not sure about THIS young. He will come home for about another month and then go to the Kennel again for about a week for our honeymoon.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
My 3 year old Australian Shepherd was 12 weeks old when we got her, and we boarded her for 10 days when she was about 4.5 months old. We didn't notice any lasting damage to her because of it, but it did take her a minute or two to recognize us when we went to pick her up!

I think you're puppy will be a-okay. I think that boarding puppy with the breeder should make it even easier, and it is only for a few days.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
Sheilah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts