German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm putting this in the SchH/IPO forum as I'd like to find a working kennel to board my dog when we go away. We used to leave him at our TD's house but it's usually a long drive the opposite way of our airport.

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good kennel within I dont know an hour drive of NYC for my SchH3 dog? This is for short term stays (up to one week) when we go on the rare vacation.

Why I'm looking for a working kennel? Well, it's not that my dog is special (he is but only to us :) ) it's more that he is a well trained but dominant un-neutered male who will probably not get along with some other males. Regular boarding places (your doggy day care facility) dont take un-fixed males as a rule so I just had more luck with people in the dog-sports world who own their kennels.

Any advice will be much appreciated! Price is not a concern, just reliability and safety of the animal. You can post here or PM me, your preference

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
A friend of mine owned a boarding kennel about 2hours outside the city and used to pick up-unfortunately they are not there anymore-guess I am not too helpful-maybe contacting some schutzhund clubs

·
Registered
356 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts