German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give an update on Bo, who was neutered yesterday. When we went to pick him up, he heard my voice and started barking. Such a happy boy to be home! I'm keeping him as quiet as possible, but he seems fine. After 2 nights worrying, I'm just glad to have him back. I appreciate everyone's concern!

·
Registered
485 Posts
So glad to hear he did well! Now the tricky part starts - keeping him quiet!! Yay for frozen kings!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cry:No! His voice sounded about the same! But he looks pitiful from the rear! If he could see that, he'd be upset. And, keeping him still is already a problem. He wants to run around like always...

·
Registered
74 Posts
How's Bo doing? We had Buddy neutered last month, and the hardest part of recovery was keeping him from running. He wanted to run the next day! He wasn't able to go on a walk, either, so his pent up energy really went through the roof. We also had a hard time keeping him from licking his incision. We went through 2 different cones of shame (that will only make sense if you saw the movie "Up", lol. I think they're really called elizabethian collars, or ecollar, something like that.) They really didn't work well with him. He figured out how to take them off in less than ten minutes. So, his recovery went fine, no infections or anything, it was just stressful for us humans to keep him quiet and off of himself.

He did swell quite a bit after the surgery, larger than he was pre-op, but the swelling all went away within 2 weeks.

After it was all said and done, I was amazed how quickly he healed up. Now I'm wondering when the sack will shrink up a bit, or if it even does. :confused: It just kind of is hanging there now. :eek: Maybe I should make a post, asking that question, huh?

Hope you and Bo are getting rest and that he heals up quick!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts