Registered
719 Posts
Yup Blue & tan 😊

Reactions: DogsRPeople2

·
Registered
Kona (2F)- Von Rief Kennels
37 Posts
Hi! We’re new here, this is my 18 week old pup, Odin! (Photo spam below)
View attachment 572252 View attachment 572253 View attachment 572254 View attachment 572255 View attachment 572256 View attachment 572257 View attachment 572258 View attachment 572259 View attachment 572260

We were told he was a long coated blue sable. Now my thinking is he’s a blue & tan. Thoughts please? Not that it matters, I’m just curious 😁 Many thanks!
That’s a gorgeous color!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Just as I thought 🙂

Any idea why his fur is like this or if it’s normal? He’s brushed everyday but it’s so thick and almost frizzy! 😂 I haven’t seen another pup with a coat like this! he’s just starting to get his grown up floofs down his back now. Is the frizzy floof any indication of how his coat will turn out?

Attachments

·
Registered
Carmspack Gus
3,639 Posts

Any idea why his fur is like this or if it’s normal? He’s brushed everyday but it’s so thick and almost frizzy! 😂 I haven’t seen another pup with a coat like this! he’s just starting to get his grown up floofs down his back now. Is the frizzy floof any indication of how his coat will turn out?
Quite often the dilutes can have skin and coat issues. Best to discuss with the breeder.

·
Administrator
10,044 Posts

looks typical of a long coat puppy coat to me. you’re still a couple weeks out from the adult coat coming in... typically along the back & tail. blues however will never appear as shiny/silky as a black.

Reactions: LuvShepherds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks typical of a long coat puppy coat to me. you’re still a couple weeks out from the adult coat coming in... typically along the back & tail. blues however will never appear as shiny/silky as a black.
Thank you. Yep definitely puppy coat still. He’s got his little racing stripe down his spine just starting to come in!

·
Administrator
10,044 Posts
Thank you. Yep definitely puppy coat still. He’s got his little racing stripe down his spine just starting to come in!
not the clearest photo but here’s a sable long coat pup, similar in age and you can tell that it’s also in that fuzzy nappy coat stage.
Dog German shepherd dog Eye Dog breed Carnivore

(photo snagged off google)

·
Registered
Kimber 3, MacGyver 3 1/2, and Gracie my one year old cat.
45 Posts
Hi! We’re new here, this is my 18 week old pup, Odin! (Photo spam below)
View attachment 572252 View attachment 572253 View attachment 572254 View attachment 572255 View attachment 572256 View attachment 572257 View attachment 572258 View attachment 572259 View attachment 572260

We were told he was a long coated blue sable. Now my thinking is he’s a blue & tan. Thoughts please? Not that it matters, I’m just curious 😁 Many thanks!
What a cutie patootie! 😊👏💕

·
Registered
Vega • Von Braun •
90 Posts
Hey! Super cute puppy, and definitely a blue and tan, not a sable-he’s got such a handsome color regardless!
Don’t worry about the coat texture, he looks like a normal coatie to me :)

For example, Vega (my female longhair: black and silver), went through a fuzzy woolly phase that looked very similar to your boys texture. I’ll attach some photos below.
Vega @ 4months:
Dog Dog breed Working animal Carnivore Grass

Vega currently:
Dog Water Sky Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Tree

Her coat is silky, fine and soft, not super plush or thick. I would be willing to bet Odin once he blows his puppy coat out he may have a similar coat to Vega length wise and in texture!

1 - 14 of 13 Posts