German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I thought you were wondering if your dog was a Blue colored shepherd. Sorry, I don't know anything about the food.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blue Buffalo is very high quality food. The ingredient list on the back says it all. It's protein, fruits and veggies, and few fillers. I think it's one of the best dry foods. Simply Nourish is the Petsmart made version of Blue and it has the exact same ingredients and is cheaper, though the Blue representative will tell you that Simply Nourish doesn't flash freeze their fruits and veggies like Blue does. I certainly think it's a big step up from Pedigree. My cat eats Blue and has her whole life. She does wonderful on it. The only concern is that there is a high level of protein in Blue and that can upset some dog's stomachs. If your dog has a sensitive stomach I might look for something with less protein, like Nature's Recipe.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I feed blue to all my dogs. They do fine on it. My vet has said it's a "rich" food. He suggests feeding the kirkland food.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My dog was having diarrhea for a while.. I couldnt figure out what was causing it.. Anyways i got fecals done for her and called vet to see if they checked for certain things,etc. and nothing.. I couldnt figure it out.
And anyways i had her on EN wet. for 1.5 weeks because of her gastropexy/spay. And i believe wet food causes her diarrhea.. because she also was in prefence of wet food before that so i would mix some in her food.. No more wet food for her! :)
Either way, Zelda has a sensitive stomach. BUT she is doing really well on Blue buffalo, absolutely perfect healthy stools and i cant be happier with that. I feel so happy for her and im glad i dont have to deal with miss diarrhea queen. :)

My advice is do a slooooooooow transition of food. Since Zelda has a sensitive stomach i did 90% old food and 10% new for a couple days, and worked my way to 100% Blue buffalo. And she is perfect now after about 1.5-2 weeks. And she loves the taste of it.
I am feeding her Large Breed Puppy Blue Buffalo food.
I do however, just as extra information, hear that Blue Buffalo tends to cause some dogs runny/soft stools. Zelda happens to be an exception which is weird since she does have a sensitive stomach. So just keep trying until you meet the match :)
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Either way, Zelda has a sensitive stomach. BUT she is doing really well on Blue buffalo, absolutely perfect healthy stools and i cant be happier with that. I feel so happy for her and im glad i dont have to deal with miss diarrhea queen. :)
My GSD has a sensitive stomach. He gets diarrhea no matter what we feed him. I just put fresh digest on his food and he has great poo now. :)

My other two are shepherd mixes, they do well on whatever we feed them, but they get blue grain feree wilderness and the GSD gets BB regular adult food. I was advised not to feed him grain free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts