German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently switched my dogs food from the Turkey and/or Salmon Nature's Domain (the grain free Kirkland/Costco brand) which my dog liked well enough, and it didnt cause any problems to the chicken flavored Blue Wilderness.

A few days after feeding strictly Blue Wilderness (no more Natures Domain) He got this red rash under his armpit. An allergy? hotspot?

I'll also mention that I switched his flea medication from Frontline to K9 Advantix because the frontline wasnt working anymore and he had fleas. No more fleas now, just the rash. And I can't figure out where this rash is coming from. He's never had one before!

Any suggestions? ideas? (other than take him to the vet, I already have an appointment but they couldnt squeeze me in for another 3 days and Im going nuts trying to figure out what this might be in the meantime)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It's hard to say with both changes coming at the same time. I will say one of my dogs had a major reaction to k9 Advantix and I haven't used it since. I rarely use any of that stuff but when I have it's been Frontline.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Might have chicken allergies, and Nature's Domain is chicken free.

Right now I'm giving Odin his last batch of Blue Buffalo Wilderness mixed in with ND while he finishes his last month of official puppyhood to get maximum protein, but I'm thinking of just doing ND moving forward since there isn't much growing to do.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts