German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I've read a bunch of posts from years ago in regards to Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness puppy food.. Mostly negative because of some recalls. But I heard they've since released new formulas and it should be better.

When I first got Moose at about 10 weeks, he was about 15lbs, looked a little underweight. I started him on Blue Wilderness regular puppy food because I couldn't find the large breed one. He was perfect, ate like crazy, regular stools, shiny coat started growing, he grew about 20lbs in 8 weeks! Hugh growth spurt.

When he finally finished that huge bag, I bought the large breed puppy version instead, as per my vet's suggestions. He's about 18 weeks now, but he started having loose stools about two weeks ago (I can't even remember if it started right when he started the food or not, might have been before the switch), sometimes it would be a complete diarrhea, sometimes its just extra extra soft and wet. Haven't at regular hard stools like before in a while.. He went on diarrhea meds and got dewormed again, but no changes.

Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and get a blood panel for him to rule out other stuff? Or should I switch to some other food?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Hi there!

I've read a bunch of posts from years ago in regards to Blue Buffalo and Blue Wilderness puppy food.. Mostly negative because of some recalls. But I heard they've since released new formulas and it should be better.

When I first got Moose at about 10 weeks, he was about 15lbs, looked a little underweight. I started him on Blue Wilderness regular puppy food because I couldn't find the large breed one. He was perfect, ate like crazy, regular stools, shiny coat started growing, he grew about 20lbs in 8 weeks! Hugh growth spurt.

When he finally finished that huge bag, I bought the large breed puppy version instead, as per my vet's suggestions. He's about 18 weeks now, but he started having loose stools about two weeks ago (I can't even remember if it started right when he started the food or not, might have been before the switch), sometimes it would be a complete diarrhea, sometimes its just extra extra soft and wet. Haven't at regular hard stools like before in a while.. He went on diarrhea meds and got dewormed again, but no changes.

Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and get a blood panel for him to rule out other stuff? Or should I switch to some other food?

IMO one of the most unethical companies on the planet, switch foods

This website reviews foods and what I like about it reviews companies as well

Best Dog Food of 2017 | Expert Ratings | Reviews.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts