German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rec. a recommendation for Blue Buffalo dog food for my senior female who is bothered by food and environmental allergies. Anyone have any experience with this food?? Dry or wet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have been using BB for my puppy. She is now 8 months. No problems until lately with intense scratching.

So, I am changing foods to see if it was BB. Other than that, I highly recommend it. Her coat is gorgeous, etc. The ingredients are very good.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I fed Blue Buffalo to my girl for awhile before we went to raw because it was the only quality food that was easily available to us at one of the local big pet stores.

I fed the Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice formula and the Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweet Potato formula. The Fish and Sweet Potato is their formula for dogs with allergies and worked well on my girl who is allergic to grains. However, if your dog has allergies, it's important to know what she is allergic to before switching to Blue. The best food is still useless if it has ingredients your dog has allergies to.

I see that since I fed Blue, they have added two more kinds of food, Blue Wilderness and Blue Organic. I have never tried those so I don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
We feed BB Large Breed Adult formula. So far both of ours are doing very well on it. We did try the Salmon formula and our dogs wouldn't eat it. I thought it made my house stink, too... but overall we like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I switched my dog to Blue Buffalo Wilderness after she just turned her nose up and quit eating. She had been eating Nutro Large Breed but for some reason just quit one day. She was over a year old and just 60lbs. Its been a little under 2 months and she is almost 69lbs. She used to be finicky about eating but now she cannot wait until feeding time. I have noticed that she doesn't need to go outside to do her business as much as she did when I was feeding her Nutro. I talked my best friend into feeding her littermate the same thing and now they are both healthy, with such beautiful coats and so full of energy its amazing.

I looked at over 4 different types of food trying to decide what to feed her when the BB saleswoman asked me if I had tried hers. She gave me a basic run down on the ingredients and offered my money back if I tried it and Temper wouldn't eat it. That first night made me a believer and seeing her so full of life and energy makes me stick with Blue Buffalo. I know for some its more money than most types of food out there, but knowing that its holistic and even after reviewing the ingredients I think its worth it just to see them happy and content as nature intended them to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts