German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
My place has been a mess the past 3 weeks.....Gia! Tilden only blows once a year, in the spring.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Steel hasn't shed since we adopted him (almost 2 years). He started shedding a tuft a week a few months ago. Just recently upped that to a tuft a day.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Grace is blowing coat like mad right now. I have been brushing her every day and she still is leaving hair every where
She seems to be almost done...thank goodness!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Both mione are shedding not huge clumps but hair falling in my had when I pet them more than normal all over my coach etc. I brush dailt to, thinking I should get a furminator dodad they people talk about.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine seem to always be shedding ... lol, but the past few weeks I have seen more so than usual....and I can brush and brush and brush and it seems to still come out in tufts ... especially my longhaired girl, Tala ...
after all, they are German Shedders

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Duchess is blowing coat as well....

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
YES!!! Both are blowing big time. They shed all the time, but this is major. I think in part it's our crazy Colorado weather - warm to cold and back again, constantly. I don't think they know what to do...so they just said to heck with it we'll just dump the entire coat.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Caja is blowing her coat like mad too. The two boys don't seem to be though.

·
Super Moderator
32,310 Posts
I've gotten a ridiculous amount of coat off Halo recently, Keefer not so much. I posted a picture a few weeks ago of the mound of undercoat I took off her, then I got a similar mound a week ago, and was still able to pull out more clumps of hair with my hands a few days ago.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I missed those pics Cassidy'sMom! So we've got a couple shedders from CA, and several from all over the place! I still say that it doesn't make sense, but at least it's not cuz he's sick or something, he's not alone!

(LOL Joanne, at Steel's rate, he'll never blow that coat!)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Ugh! Denali is the one prone to blowing her coat. When I'm done brushing her, I ask her "Why did you kill the bunny?". She's done it twice this year and I'm surprised the second time was around winter time.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
We had the traditional blow in fall, but since I have had the heat on inside..... more hair!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,310 Posts
Originally Posted By: LisaTLooks like I missed those pics Cassidy's Mom!
I found the thread - it was actually 11/30, so just 3 weeks ago:

I got a similar amount in another session with the undercoat rake since then, PLUS all the hair I've pulled out with my hands in the past few days!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally Posted By: LisaTIt makes no sense to me why now though
Have you changed any supplements? I'm wondering if that's why Steel isn't shedding.

I brushed LJ just now and got a brush full of hair. Brushed Steel and got nothing.

I know, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts