German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how to determine what country(ies) my pup's bloodline comes from.

Here is what I have for his pedigree Richter Erik Von Aspenhaus

I know it has a lot of holes in it but its all the info I have and have been able to collect.

Any and all info and help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dad is All west german working lines with a little bit of czech in therea few gens back and a few german showlines also. The mother is from what I can see american pet lines. Other then that Im not sure on what I can help with. To be able to identify diffrent breed types by name just takes alot of research and studying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply!

To be able to identify diffrent breed types by name just takes alot of research and studying.
After doing some more digging I did find the Czech but only through other members posts and by the method that you mentioned.

Is it determined quicker and easier with the letters in front of the DNA number?

For example Elsa z Pohranicni Straze (CZR DL87263301) Is the Czech Republic that I know, so therefore SG, 3X WUSV Sam z Lipin CS (SZ 108451) means West German? Is that right?

Is there a list of these abbreviations around?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

After doing some more digging I did find the Czech but only through other members posts and by the method that you mentioned.

Is it determined quicker and easier with the letters in front of the DNA number?

For example Elsa z Pohranicni Straze (CZR DL87263301) Is the Czech Republic that I know, so therefore SG, 3X WUSV Sam z Lipin CS (SZ 108451) means West German? Is that right?

Is there a list of these abbreviations around?
Thats a way you can identify Czech born dogs.You have thosetype/ lines being produced in othe countries so that can be a confusing method. The WGR dogs and modern DDR lines are all SZ registered. The WUSV Weltunion der Vereine fur Deutsche Schaferhund.Is a world union including many clubs from many countries. For me it in the Kennel names and the look anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok gotcha, I was curious if there was an easier way to identify the line by means other than the name. Seems like the name is pretty much the way to go. Thank you again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts