German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Can't tell now, to young, but I must say she is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Cute pup! Wait til adult coat comes in and they you should be able to tell better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Red's very hard to capture with a camera. It's even harder to capture, then get to display correctly online.

Kind of looks like some red around the ears, though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was told my pup is Black/Red but she usually looks Black/Tan. She is still only 5 months so we will see when she is older. I did notice that in direct sun the red looks much more red. I wonder if some of the really red ones you see online are photoshopped. On mine at this young age the ears are the most red and the legs are more red in the sun.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pups are too hard to tell how red they will be when they are young however the deep red you are talking about usually doesn't come out until the dog is at least 1 - 2 years old they are constantly changing I have a red/ black male myself and he is slowly changing darker however he is only 14 weeks old right now his sire was red/black and his dam was all black.

I was told my pup is Black/Red but she usually looks Black/Tan. She is still only 5 months so we will see when she is older. I did notice that in direct sun the red looks much more red. I wonder if some of the really red ones you see online are photoshopped. On mine at this young age the ears are the most red and the legs are more red in the sun.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Looks red to me, Zeus has a dark red head and lighter red on his neck and legs. They sometimes get very light and yellow as they grow and red comes back after they are a year or so. Every pup is different =)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm new to black and reds, but so far looking more red then tan, just not dark. My little girl is about 8-10 weeks now and looks very much red, which is hard to capture. Her momma was black and tan but her father was that deep red that did look photoshopped until you seen him in person. She's favoring her father so far and I hope it continues! Sables are still my favorite, but black and reds just might become my favorite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts