German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Bjorn, he is a recent addition to my family. Unfortunately since bringing him home it's been pouring rain with only a little bit of sun yesterday so I haven't been able to get many photos but this is a start!

He is by Rico vom Patiala and Clair van der Altmurg. I've only had him since Friday night but he is such a sweet pup and so smart. (hope these photos aren't too big, on my phone) I hope to have many more photos soon

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Oh my goodness, what a cutie! Love his expression. In fact, I may be so bold to complain that the second photo is too small... :p

Reactions: Aly

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Nice looking pup that looks like he owns the world.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bjorn is 12 weeks old now!

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Great lookin puppy!!

Dumb question, no making fun lol. I see they way you named your puppy in the thread name. I see that a lot..<dogs name> von/vom <other name>

What does that even mean? I have Mei's papers with her parents name but dont have the "von/vom name".

Her registration says:
Sire - Chase Marshall Schloss
Dam - Roxanne V Badlands

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
Great lookin puppy!!

Dumb question, no making fun lol. I see they way you named your puppy in the thread name. I see that a lot..<dogs name> von/vom <other name>

What does that even mean? I have Mei's papers with her parents name but dont have the "von/vom name".

Her registration says:
Dam - Roxanne V Badlands

Von / Vom is German for From. Some breeders use that to trace lineage or get some advertising. George vom Whosmybreeder.
Some people use it as a naming convention because it sounds cool...Like Fluffy von WiggleBottom

·
Registered
965 Posts
Great lookin puppy!!

Her registration says:
Dam - Roxanne V Badlands

Von / Vom is German for From. Some breeders use that to trace lineage or get some advertising. George vom Whosmybreeder.
Some people use it as a naming convention because it sounds cool...Like Fluffy von WiggleBottom
Ok right on, thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great lookin puppy!!

Her registration says:
Dam - Roxanne V Badlands
Not a dumb question! That is his registered name; he is from Ulfheim German Shepherds. It's common for breeders to use von/vom with their kennel name I believe but not all do. I think it basically means 'Bjorn from Ulfheim'

1 - 20 of 62 Posts