German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new puppy keeps biting everyones ankles & when playing really bites down hard. I have a little girl so Im really worried. Any advice? I got some chew toys that help a little but not enough. thank you in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
My pup did the same thing to me when he was younger. It's because they are herding dogs and it's also a sign of them wanting to play. And it might be a sign of them teething too! What I did was get little teething toys for puppies, at Petco, that you can put in the freezer and give to them to chew on (or ice cubes always work too). Just think of her like a little baby =). It will eventually wear off in a few months. Hang in there!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
They're not called 'landsharks' for nothing. Redirect with her toys and chew things. Are you teaching the 'leave it' command? You can also try the loud yelping technique when she touches your pants or skin, and the general 'eh-eh' sound- try everything! The time will come when she's not biting everything in sight.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Puppies bite. The best things you can do is keep plenty of puppy toys on hand to shove in her mouth and keep her away from your child.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts