German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Last year Tessa had a bad allergic reaction to something, and her entire face swelled up with her eyes swollen shut. I raced her to the vet, the tech said she looked like a shar-pei mix. They gave her a shot of steroids and kept her there until closing to make sure she didn't develop problems breathing. Today, we had a similar reaction. Tessa's eyes were swollen shut and her lips were a bit thicker than normal. It wasn't as bad as last year, and I was somewhat calmer about it since she never developed complications last year. I gave her a prednisone and benedryl and have been watching her all day. The swelling has already gone down and is about half what it was when I noticed it. Last year it happened on March 22nd, so the same type of the year as last time. I think I'm going to keep an eye out for it next year!!!

Here is a picture I took after Tessa got home last year. The swelling had gone down a lot by then.

(oh, last year the vet said it was probably from a sting or bite of an insect. Hence me posting here, if that wasn't obvious lol)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.