German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
Gracie either got stung on the nose or ate a bee that stung in her mouth last year. It was horrible! Her muzzle had all these pencil eraser size hives on it, then then morphed into a huge swollen muzzle and after about 30 minutes, her tongue swelled and turned gray. She started doing the peanut butter stuck to the roof of her mouth thing with her tongue - I was panicked! We rushed her to the vet. She was given injections immediately (after he listened to her lungs to make sure they were clear) then steroids and antihistamines to take for another week at home.

I keep benadryl on hand if she were to get stung again (she weighs 62 pounds, I am to give her 75 mg and rush her to the vet). I would ask your vet now for appropriate dosage for Tosca if the time comes that he gets stung.

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
That looks familiar - all that's missing to have made it Gracie is the gray tonge falling out of the sides of her mouth. Yes, I'm sure I'll be much more calm if it happens this year too! I just hope it doesn't. Sending hugs to you and Tessa!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.