German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Why not make a doggie loaf with brown rice, veggies and meat? I'm sure you could put it in a cake pan if shape is important to your dogs!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This looks doable. Any idea of something that would work as an icing but obviously not sugar ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
NO NO SUGAR....lol wot i did for my was, I baked a pot pie, took it out the pan/fliped it over baked it alittle more, than made some egg salad put it in the blender a made some frosting......an wow she was happy!!!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally Posted By: K9DroverThis looks doable. Any idea of something that would work as an icing but obviously not sugar ?
Mashed potatos, instant are easiest and stickier, plus food colouring to make different colours!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Beaten egg (Meringue)would also make a good "frosting".

A friend of mine owns a "doggie daycare". Her pup and another that goes to the daycare have the same birthday. Here are Cheyenne(the GSD) and Sassy with one of their cakes. (The cakes were made by Sassys owner.) Cheyenne was ALL ABOUT the CAKE, Sassy was more into all the TOYS!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Here is the last cake we made for Tooz's b-day this year...

A close-up of the layers...

The "cake" part of it was raw ground chicken and the "frosting" was mashed sweet potatoes with Old Mother Hubbard dog bone garnish.
Mm mm mm...deeeeeeelish!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Grimmi like Tooz's cake idea! Grimmi wanna VISIT Tooz, on her B day!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts