German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share. My son turned 4 yesterday and I managed to get some rare pictures. They're rare because he doesn't usually want to play with the dogs and also because Shasta doesn't usually play tug with people. My son is an emotional little guy, very sensitive and REALLY wants to play with the dogs but despite being around them his whole life, he's a little intimidated by them if only because of their size. He's more outgoing when my daughter isn't around to boss him around however (she was upstairs taking a nap at this time).

every now and again, he's not so sensitive or emotional and he actually enjoys himself and wants to play with the dogs. He's really at this point more of a cat person but that's okay. He loves animals. The cats just don't accidentally knock him over. Love all my babies.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Awwwww. Great pics.He is a cutie and it looks like Shasta knows to be a little more gentle with him since she is playing and not even getting up. Gotta love this breed.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwwww. Great pics.He is a cutie and it looks like Shasta knows to be a little more gentle with him since she is playing and not even getting up. Gotta love this breed.

Thank you! She's always been pretty good with him. Every now and then she gets excited and forgets her size but you can see she feels absolutely awful after she accidentally knocks him over or steps on his foot. With my daughter, she's careful but knows my daughter isn't going to get hurt feelings nearly as easily. Shasta may not be a protective girl, but she does her best to keep an eye on everyone and not offend anyone. She gets stressed out if the kids go outside with Geramy and she doesn't get to go too. She paces back and forth listening for anything and the minute she hears what sounds like one of the kids hurt or something, she's in my face pestering me to go fix it even though she knows Geramy is with them lol.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awww those are too cute! :D Great photos :)

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
what a beautiful little boy, 4 is such a great age (sigh).I miss the little ones around the house, now I have sassy young adults instead. ill trade ya :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what a beautiful little boy, 4 is such a great age (sigh).I miss the little ones around the house, now I have sassy young adults instead. ill trade ya :)

Thank you! and NOPE! I'm keeping my little bear. lol. He and my daughter have enough attitude so you'd basically be getting a couple more young adults anyway haha!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
very cute ... and yes they seem to start with the attitudes younger these days ....

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cute ... and yes they seem to start with the attitudes younger these days ....
Lol this is true but they are also my kids. My husband complains it's genetics and they have my attitude haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts