German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the biospot flea and tick treatment? Does it work well? I'm kind' of wary because it is so cheap, but I like that it does for mosquitos also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes we are going on our 3rd season using it on both our gsd's and 3 cats too. It does every bit that Fronline plus did we are very pleased with it. Only thing we noticed it seems to take a little longer to be absorbed, but otherwise we like the results.

Marc

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I think this is the product that my mother used and it ended up costing her over $200 in vet bills when her dog had a major reaction to it.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
Any dog can have a reaction to ANYTHING unfortunately. I've used it on 6 of my own dogs in the 7 years and not one has ever had a reaction. I've used it on foster dogs too and no problems either.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I used it on Kenya and two months after I got her (she was on BioSpot and I kept using it), she had fleas.

This last month, I didn't have enough Frontline Plus so I had to put BioSpot on Coke.

Neither dog has had any reactions, it just didn't work on Kenya so I switched. My vet has really good prices on Frontline Plus anyway.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
dogs are sensitive to certain things just like people are. its trial and error with any of these products.

i use frontline and have for 6 years. never see any ticks/fleas on my dogs. however i know several people who use bio-spot and have no problems.

debbie

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Where do you get Biospot from? I have never seen it.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Does anyone know what the difference is between the new one (is it just the packaging) and the old one? I noticed that the new edition is much more expensive.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The new edition is supposed to be more effective, and the ingredient list is the same as Advantage and Frontline (combines some of their ingredients), so I don't think you'll get the reactions people had out of the old Biospot.

That said, I did not find it to be effective on my dog, and Advantage was only partially effective. My dog is on Frontline Plus now.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
I think most of the spot-ons work by the oils in the coat distributing the substances. If your dog tends to have a dry coat, or probably even a dirty one, then I suspect that none of them will be very effective.

I always give a bath about a week before application to increase the ability of the stuff to distribute.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I think I'm going to try it, it seems more reasonable than the Frontline Plus. And, since I definitely WILL NOT be buying the Promeris again maybe this stuff will be okay. I really prefer K9 Advantix but the price on that stuff has gone WAY UP!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I'd never heard of it before, but I think that I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I've used Bio Spot on all my animals for 7 yrs. now. I give it a

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Originally Posted By: GSDgirlALWhere do you get Biospot from? I have never seen it.
I got mine at Tractor Supply Co, but have seen it in pet stores.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
I got all excited checking the prices on this and comparing to Advantage. But then I looked at the active ingredient in the BioSpot for dogs and it is, I THINK, stuff you can't use on cats/around cats. So with cats who groom dogs, I don't believe that this is something I can use (just like I can't use Advantix). Poop. I guess I could buy the cat stuff for the cats and save money there...maybe.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
For the first 3 or so years I was using BioSpot on my dogs, my sister and her 2 cats were leaving with us. Her cats never had issues with it, and the male cat use to wrestle with my Yorkie who had Bio on her.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts