German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my mother today, and she was telling me a story about her black GSD named Bing. This was in late 1940's early 1950's. No one tied their dogs up or kept them in a fenced yard. Everyone's dogs just roamed the neighborhood. In the summer time, Bing used to disappear for most of the day, coming home at supper time. He was always exhausted and always soaking wet. My grandmother couldn't figure out what Bing was up to, but he came home like that every day. One day, my grandmother was outside with Bing in the yard. Two teenaged boys were walking by and asked if that was my grandmother's dog. She said yes, he is. They then told her that Bing comes down to the pond every day, and every time one of the kids jumped in the water, Bing went in after them, and dragged them out! They said he was the greatest dog, and they had more fun, being rescued by Bing! Bing fancied himself the local lifeguard! LOL! Another Bing story.. My mother said in the winter, she would go sledding, and Bing would follow. She said she'd start down the hill on the sled, and Bing would chase her, and grab her by the coat, pulling her off the sled. I guess Bing made himself the protector of kids in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
haha that's funny. At least she found out why Bing was always wet lol

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bing was named after Bing Crosby. One of my grandmother's favorite celebrities at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts