German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sucessfully weaned Stark off of his prong while biking and I would like to get him a harness, instead of using his flat collar. Any recommendations?

Also, do you use a harness or collar? And just for an added bonus, what collar would you recommend?

We are currently training for our AD, I understand that a collar is to be used but would like to have a harness as well for training.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The prong was so I could correct if he saw a critter in the street while I was on a bike.. lol.

I am looking for a comfortable running harness NOT a no-pull harnes. :)

I was thinking of a sledding harness but not sure if that would work or not?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The prong was so I could correct if he saw a critter in the street while I was on a bike.. lol.

I am looking for a comfortable running harness NOT a no-pull harnes. :)

I was thinking of a sledding harness but not sure if that would work or not?
I think it depends on the type of attachment you have for your bike. A sledding harness is going to have loops for attachment in places to encourage pulling with the dog ahead of you.

I am also looking into training for the AD and looked at these harnesses: Padded Dog Harness | Comfortable Dog Control Harness | Ruff Wear Harnesses and Padded Dog Harnesses | Dog Bike Harness | Comfortable Padded Dog Harness

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought too.. I have a springer attachement for my bike but to be honest, I usually hold the leash (or I have been while training commands/getting him use to the bike).

I think we are at a place now where I could hook him up and just go. I don't even worry about him critter hunting (squirrels!) on our rides which is nice.

That harness is nice!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Puppia one I used in agility with Stark but it is waaaay too small now for him, it's in the "this is for the next puppy" box.. lol.

I really like the one Falon linked and the last one you linked though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts