German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed the other day on my almost 10 year old GSD Kaos front right leg. It looked like the joint was swollen that's right below the shoulder. I felt all around no pain. Doesn't feel swollen but the joint bones actually feel bigger then the ones on his other front leg. A little history the poor guy's hips are completely gone. So I though another possibility was him injuring himself staggering around trying to walk when I wasn't home. But there is no limp or pain of any kind it seems from that leg. Also I thought it might be a hair follicle tumor. When Kaos was two he had a toe on that leg amputated because of it. But he isn't at it like with the toe. It just feels like the joint is bigger. I took a couple pics. It is on the very outside looks like a bump or lump. (not talking about the leathery looking spot) But its very noticeable when actually looking at the leg. Thanx much in advance.....

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I would say vet trip.....Grim had swelling kind of like that and it was a tumor.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks like a Limpoma my husband has over 30 of them but im not an expert hopefully the vet can help

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say vet trip.....Grim had swelling kind of like that and it was a tumor.
OK thanx. I was thinking a vet trip. But the crazy thing is it doesn't feel swollen at all. It just looks like it....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a Limpoma my husband has over 30 of them but im not an expert hopefully the vet can help
Do you mean Lipoma aka fatty tumor?? I had a big one removed from my back. I wish that's all it was. The pictures make it look like a lump but maby I am crazy it feels like the bone is larger then on the other leg. Doesn't feel like a lump...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes Lipoma lol sorry my husbands cannot be removed because they are attached to the viens so will just come back twice as big I hope your pup is ok. Possibly arthritis?

Do you mean Lipoma aka fatty tumor?? I had a big one removed from my back. I wish that's all it was. The pictures make it look like a lump but maby I am crazy it feels like the bone is larger then on the other leg. Doesn't feel like a lump...

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
You need to take her to the vet. My dog Chama had something like that and it was a nasty tumor. Get her in now before it gets any bigger.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Lipomas are soft and squishy and can be moved around. Very hard firm swelling on limbs makes me worried about osteosarcoma or other aggressive malignant tumors

Arthritis or soft tissue damage could cause acute inflammation of a joint

Vet asap

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx much for the answers. After looking touching it some more. If I squeeze from the side it does seem like something is right under the skin. It isn't solid. Still isn't painful or limiting his movement. Could be a lipoma like someone mentioned. If it's something serious like a cancer tumor I will not put Kaos through anything that will be painful. He doesn't owe me a thing. In a million years I couldn't pay him back for all the joy he has given. I won't put him down because of his hips that are shot (stem cell etc, etc hasn't worked at all). I have had previous experience with DM my last GS Genesis had. He adapted well to not being able to walk. Had him for about 2 years after diagnosis. Kaos doesn't have that look. He still loves life he just can't get around. He still tries like **** and thinks he can.tail still wages as much as ever. The only thing that bothers Kaos is my puppy Havoc. But every day that passes he is learning to leave him alone.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts