German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody !

My 4yr old Tony got a big cut in his right elbow. The elbow is looking very dark with the cut in the middle. There is a big swelling too. The wound was not by any accident or injury. Just like that it is happening. similar kind of wound was there on his left elbow two months back and it had maggots. We removed those and applied hydrogen peroxide, antiseptic powder. The wound got healed after 6 weeks, but now this new wound of similar kind. I m not sure how this kind of wound is happening :( can some one please help me in this regard and also please suggest some effective treatment :help: Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I suggest you take Tony to the vet right away. It sounds like he has an infection of some kind.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Absolutely take him to the vet and soon

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I agree, go to the vet. There are some conditions that we simply cannot treat at home. This may or may not be one of them, but if it is an infection and he'll need antibiotics, you want it treated sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, go to the vet. There are some conditions that we simply cannot treat at home. This may or may not be one of them, but if it is an infection and he'll need antibiotics, you want it treated sooner rather than later.
I suggest you take Tony to the vet right away. It sounds like he has an infection of some kind.
Absolutely take him to the vet and soon
Sure. Will do that. Thank you all !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts