German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little nervous.

We've got a vet appointment tomorrow, routine.

We've been working really hard on our girl's aggression toward other dogs.....tomorrow we shall see how she does in a confined area with them.

I don't expect her to make any friends, but ignoring them and sticking in a sit/stay will definitely give her a passing grade in my book!

Hubby said that she did very well her last trip, was great for the vet tech and vet...although 'she did try to eat a poodle...but I'm sure that doesn't count against her'.

I couldn't help but laugh at him.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Good luck, take her favorite toy, get her to lie down and stay harder to get to another dog if she is down - and direct her to the toy - just my suggestion

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Good luck! I go through this with Maiya so I know how you feel. It's really interesting because Maiya always goes into the vet ready to kill any dog in her path, but when coming out she walks past every single one of them with no reaction whatsoever, she just wants out of there!!!

It's like she goes in as one dog and comes out another!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL mamagoose!

Thanks guys.

For some reason I thought today was sunday, her appointment is on monday.

I'm sure her vet will, AGAIN, ask when I'm spaying her and give me a written up quote too.

They don't seem to grasp that I want to wait until she's 2.

But whatever, it's a great opportunity to guage her progress so far.
Sherush, thanks for the tip!
Her buddies, the boys, will be with us as well...she always seems more comfortable when she's got the majority of her pack around.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I consider it a success!!!

It was hard right from the get-go. Very busy, a guy with a beagle right as we walked in the door.

Of course she barked at it and pulled toward it a bit at first, but heeded the 'leave it'. Her bark at him set off a shih tzu in front of our path, it was pulling toward her snarling, she returned barks..but again heeded the 'leave it'.

Dogs came and went, some in very close proximity. We took a seat on the bench, she stuck her sit/stay next to me and just watched.

Did great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts