German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or had had a big pup. Indy will be 6mo on the 11 and today she weighed in at 56.2. No not over weight but she is a big boned girl.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
The only big female I had was Sabs. She was around 85lbs in working shape.
Your girl probably won't get that big. Many of my females were pretty much done gaining size by 12 months, they just sort of reshaped. Lol. If she is six months, and wow that went quick, my guess would be about 70 -75 when she's done.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Anyone have or had had a big pup. Indy will be 6mo on the 11 and today she weighed in at 56.2. No not over weight but she is a big boned girl.
Mine was about 55 at 6 months. She’s
Kinda hung out there for the last 2 months. 8 months now. She’s like 56 point something now. Eats like a horse but gets worked frequently too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only big female I had was Sabs. She was around 85lbs in working shape.
Your girl probably won't get that big. Many of my females were pretty much done gaining size by 12 months, they just sort of reshaped. Lol. If she is six months, and wow that went quick, my guess would be about 70 -75 when she's done.
Thanks, yes times flies. Ozzy is 77 do she may be as big but she has more bone then him lol

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I I

No I don’t want a big girl 60 is perfect
I thought I actually liked bigger dogs, but I have come to see the many benefits of my mini mutt. When she gets too worked up I can just pick her and walk away, lol. She is definitely faster and more agile. Sabi hit like a truck, I call Shadow my little snake. You never see her move, she's just got you.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I thought I actually liked bigger dogs, but I have come to see the many benefits of my mini mutt. When she gets too worked up I can just pick her and walk away, lol. She is definitely faster and more agile.
LOL Yes! I love my 60lb little girl. I carry her to the start line for CATs since she's so spun up (barking and lunging). People find it hilarious. Can't do that with my 80lb boy, I'd throw out my back.

She might hit 65-70 which isn't too big, but yeah I like pocket rockets too. 60lbs is perfect!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I actually liked bigger dogs, but I have come to see the many benefits of my mini mutt. When she gets too worked up I can just pick her and walk away, lol. She is definitely faster and more agile. Sabi hit like a truck, I call Shadow my little snake. You never see her move, she's just got you.
I like the big bruisers. Probably
Should’ve gotten a male lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a male he’s 77lb

·
Super Moderator
2,856 Posts
Fama was 65 pounds as a couch potato and 84 when working. I think her feet weighed 12 pounds though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think of Jupiter as very snake-like. He has been about the same weight since he was 8 months, I think, and now he's 16 months. He's around 80. 20191229_115513.jpg

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
?? She's 12# smaller than Shadow. I doubt she would ever be 62# unless she was fat.
Shadow held around 50 for years. Her heart and our current accommodation have conspired against us. She is getting heavy now. She's rangy so she hides it well but I would like her about 8lbs lighter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts