German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone got some treats tonight. including the cats. The dogs each got a raw egg which they absolutely LOVED! Shasta is an entire egg eater. She eats the shell as well as the white and yolk. I think she likes the crunching lol. So they got their eggs and the cats got a can of wet food.

the big bad doggies had to practice leave it. But BOY did they sure watch my lil 5-6lb kitty Faith eat as much as her little stomach could hold. Had a couple giraffes in the house for a few minutes.

Riley kept his distance because he doesnt like a clawed swat on the nose, which faith would never do to him but he knows to just leave the cats alone.... if he could get faith to leave him alone i think he'd be happy too. She enjoys stuffing her tail fur up his nose but thats a story for another time.

here are some pictures. Enjoy!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. Thanks! Shasta is lucky faith was more interested in the food than smacking her as close she got to her. Faith isnt warming up to Shasta..... hehe.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What good dogs!!! :) Awesome training to have them leave her alone!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What good dogs!!! :) Awesome training to have them leave her alone!

thanks. never would have happened that way without me sitting there correcting them when they tried sneaking in. Our other dog Riley just kinda sat back like,"You're both gonna be in trouble if you get any closer!" The first picture with Shasta laying down i told her to leave it and she gave me that mopey pathetic stare before she flopped down and just stared. But they did good. only had to correct a couple of times. Shelby is a theif so she'll snatch anything if she thinks she can get away with it.

they're getting better about leaving the cats alone with their treats and such. Shasta being 7 months old, i say its a HUGE step that she didnt push her luck. Most of the corrections were directed at Shelby. But they know what leave it means. just have to get them to realize that leave it lasts longer than a couple minutes! hehe. They're good lap dogs though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cute!

Sasha knows better than to mess with Spooky (the boss kitty). If she wants into a room and he is resting in the doorway she knows the rules; look depressed and lie down a few feet away. With Dusty (the fat one) she always gives him kisses, but he look offended and then flees haha.

Your dogs are very pretty, and your cat is a cutie!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cute!

Sasha knows better than to mess with Spooky (the boss kitty). If she wants into a room and he is resting in the doorway she knows the rules; look depressed and lie down a few feet away. With Dusty (the fat one) she always gives him kisses, but he look offended and then flees haha.

Your dogs are very pretty, and your cat is a cutie!

haha he's offended because of dog breath! Faith grew up with Riley and Zena. Shebly and Shasta are new. She's tolerates Shelby because Shelby learned to leave her alone. Shasta wants to play. Getting swiped at doesnt really affect her. Faith is our boss kitty. titan just yowls at them and if he thinks he can, he'll run but usually he just sits there and gripes at them. When i finally get everyone to sit still, i'll try and get pictures of them all together. Gotta love that depressed look. its like "MOOOOOOM!!!!! they mean kitty wont let me pass!!!! help!!!" and you can almost see the whiney tone haha. gotta love em!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts