German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone just posted a comment on a photo of Bianca I had put on the Facebook page for the e-vet where Bianca donates blood, and they posted this on the Facebook page's wall:

Thank you to everyone at AETC Chicago for taking such good care of Fannie during the blizzard. We're happy to say her PCV is holding steady at 18% right now. We also want to give a big giant thank you to Bianca for being a brave blood donor dog! Her donation was able to save Fannie's life on Tuesday night when she ...was crashing with a new case of IMHA.
This was very rewarding to hear that Bianca's blood donation saved another dog!:wub:
The staff told me before that some of the blood she donated earlier was used for another dog but it was really neat to hear something from the dog's owner, it sort of makes it more real.

I would suggest anyone with a friendly dog to check if there are any blood donor programs in your area!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
aw yay Bianca!!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Thats wonderful! There is a program here in Indianapolis that I am wanting to join. However they require yearly vaccination and I don't do that, I keep meaning to discuss with them if they would accept yearly titers instead.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Way to go Bianca :wub:

That is a really wonderful thing to do and thank you for making me aware, I will look into it here :)

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Awesome! I didnt even know they banked dog blood!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts