German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I thought that Maisey was just about as perfect as a puppy could get, some alien invader took my dog and left a monster in her crate last night! Honestly, the puppy I have been dealing with today has been NOTHING like the Maisey I've had for the past 9 days.

The Maisey I spent the day with has been on overdrive all day. She uprooted grass to eat, pulled bark off a tree, dug up mushrooms, licked human spit off the cement, knocked over her puppy playpen at the office, wrapped her leash around my legs and pulled me over, nipped my hand multiple times (hard enough that I bled) when I tried to loosen her mouth from my shoe and/or pants leg, and the list could go on and on. Let's just say she really gave me a run for my money.

I got her two new Kong toys on Sunday to help with the teething. We started puppy obedience class on the same day, and she did quite well. I got new treats to use with the training. We took four walks today, had two play sessions, did two 15-minutes training sessions, and I still managed to get my work done while entertaining a puppy that refused to take a nap.

Do puppies have the terrible twos? Can they be bi-polar or schizophrenic? Do aliens exist and have they kidnapped my adorable puppy and left me with this monster? :wild:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
All is normal!!! Don't panic!!! The calm alien you HAD decided taking over a puppy brain was too much work and went back to their home planet. NOW you have a normal GSD pup. Congrats! Think of it this way....

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Wow! I feel like I went back and read Fiona's puppy (baby) book. It is normal. She was just getting comfortable with you and finally felt like you loved her enough to show you her true self. It does get better ... Eventually. Look for all the places to laugh at

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
All is normal!!! Don't panic!!! The calm alien you HAD decided taking over a puppy brain was too much work and went back to their home planet. NOW you have a normal GSD pup. Congrats! Think of it this way....

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!
:spittingcoffee::rofl::rofl: Love this thread.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In preparation for tomorrow, I guess I need to remember to

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can they be bi-polar or schizophrenic? Do aliens exist and have they kidnapped my adorable puppy and left me with this monster?
I'll never forget the time Elly May was acting up and my GF was having a bad day...she yelled at the top of her lungs...'your dog is a head case !'

BTW: Aliens do exist but they do not kidnap your pets and replace them but they do...do it with our mates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts