German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this puppy from a reputable breeder his mom is standard black and tan (beautiful dog) and his dad is sable , he appears to be 100% bi color though, which im fine with i think its a gorgeous trait, do yall think itll stay this way or change with age?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Right now it looks like a blanket black/tan that probably inherited the black from dad.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
From what I understand bi-colors have black that run down the back legs & heels ‘tar heels’, black ‘bars’ down the front of the legs, ‘pencil toes’ black markings on each paw & solid black bellies. No color can be behind the ears.

I have to figure out how to post pics on this site again. I have a 12 week old bi-color working line pup.

He’s adorable, enjoy!!

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has the black belly, but after more research i think hes just a dark black and tan, sharp puppy , whines to go put and do his business already and hes only 7 and a half weeks i have more pics, thanks for the replies

Attachments

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has all that , black down the the backs of his legs, black markings on his brown feet and a totally black belly, time will tell i guess and thanks btw!

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
One of the fun things about young GSDs is watching what color they are today vs yesterday. Sometimes it seems like I would wake up to a different dog. I hope the OP keeps up the thread with updated photos every few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
7,945 Posts
Agreed. In the young photos I undoubtedly would have speculated the outcome to be a heavily blanketed dog. However... in the updated photos (which I believe some of the recent posters may be missing), he appears to be a lovely bi color.

Even “experts” can be wrong or glance through threads too quickly :)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Agreed. In the young photos I undoubtedly would have speculated the outcome to be a heavily blanketed dog. However... in the updated photos (which I believe some of the recent posters may be missing), he appears to be a lovely bi color.

Even “experts” can be wrong or glance through threads too quickly :)

Are you sure that it is the OPs photos you are looking at?

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll keep updating. The tan he had under his chin has turned sable (his dad was all sable) but I think that too may be getting ready to fade out leaving him all black except the ends of his paws. Just curious what an expert thought

Also, thanks all for commenting/replying i appreciate the info and the compliments, hes really turning into a wonderful and beautiful dog, thank you.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts