German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Hope you all have had a wonderful holiday and will have a Happy New Year :) I was wanting to get everyones opinion on if you think Brody is a Bi Color or Black Blanket? I've seen where people say Bi Colors have the tar heels, which he doesnt have, but he does have some characterisitics of a Bi Color...the mostly black face, etc. Or if he could be considered a black blanket? He looks like an in betweener to me! He's 7 months old as of a couple days ago and I know his coat could change. Either way I love him the way he is and love his markings :)

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brody is handsome!!! imo, I'd say blanket :)

... and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Yes, a very beautiful blanket back! He has too much white/tan on his butt flooffies, and on his belly. And as you mentioned no tar-heels, and also, in the picture where you are holding him, I do not see any pencil toes. The Tar-heels and pencil toes are part and parcel of being a bi-colour, without it, you just have a very dark (melanistic) black and tan.

I do love his dark face though! Very handsome!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Blanket black a very dark one and super gorgeous!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the opinions and compliments :) I just looked at him and said "your my little blanket" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts