German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is the best type of brush to get for my long haired GSD? Sage is going to be 10 months old on February 2nd and the brush we are currently using just doesn鈥檛 seem to go deep enough into all his layers of fur
Thanks ! 馃槉

Registered
What are you currently using? We use the Chris Christensen long pin slicker brush. After that I use just a regular old brush, nothing fancy I don't even know the name, to make my pup extra smooth. It's not really necessary, but I think it makes him look smoother. I do suggest a detangler also if you seem to be getting a lot of knots.

Registered
For Bo, Eng. Shep., I use a Teflon coated rake and I love it. It takes out a lot of hair and it is gentle. No complaints from the dog. Do not use a Furmanator or anything similar as it will cut the coat.

Registered
I have two long coats, and this is what was recommended to me,(Chris Christensen Big K or Big G brushes) . Make sure if he swims you dry him quickly, the mats if you don't are awful. We have a pond, and they love swimming so I have to keep a close eye on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts