German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took Kaiser to the vet for his introduction she mentioned that we should look in to not feeding the dogs using bowls. She recommended that we switch to using puzzle feeders, I think I've mentioned this before.

Anyway, I ordered a Food cube from Amazon to test out - This one

I just ordered 2 more because they love it! Hawk our boxer won't leave it alone. I'm actually concerned that he's going to break stuff around here because he gets to slapping it around pretty hard. But watching him he looks like he's having a great time. I've started reducing the food in his bowl b/c he's getting some of it out of the cube instead.

I have also started filling their kongs with some of their food and putting it in the bowl and pouring the rest of the food on top. Both Hawk and Kaiser eat pretty fast so making the roll the kong around has helped slow them down.

Hopefully between Kaiser's playing and the new toys we'll get Hawk looking like a Boxer again instead of an Ottoman.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Wow, they can really pick up speed when they're jumped on, so watch out, lol. You have a good reason to be concerned - I almost lost my aquarium to one of those. But they are fun.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I will have to post a video, Zeus gets so upset at his cube LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts