German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Wondered what brand you recommend & best place to buy these at ? Just wanting for our walks & not sure if it's best to use water or sand ? This wil be our first back pack & not sure.
Just heard they were good to use.

Any info ?

Thanks..................

· Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris,

Yes...you should write a article ! THANKS so very much for the info you gave ! Boy didn't think about fitting a pack & all. I would love links to what some look like you recommend.

I know nothing about having a dog wear a back pack. Our male is about 90 lbs. & just thought about using one on him while we walk to help tire him out. Don't know anything about them or how much weight to add to them, etc !

I did find this pack on ebay & wasn't sure if is the Kelty you meant ? Was hoping to find one for under that price, but also guess you pay for what ya get !

Not sure what a REI is ? Never heard of this store.

Thanks so much again !

http://cgi.ebay.com/KELTY-CHUCK-WAGON-DO...7QQcmdZViewItem

· Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris.......

Thanks very much !!!!! Do you use sand & how many pounds ? What do you put the sand in to then put in the pack ? How much weight would a 90 lb dog require ?

Are these to be used for walks just to help tire out the dog mainly ?

Thanks again...................

· Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks so much, think I got it.

I will probably go with a Kelty lg. then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.