German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another full day of stormy weather with 3-4" of heavy rains ALL DAY. My dog's coat does not

repel water but soaks it in. She takes hours to dry off inside. We need a full cover raincoat

and most on Amazon get so-so reviews. Anyone here have one they recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks eddie, that is a nice raincoat but it looks like they're not available anymore, even Ruffwear only has xxsmall

size on Amazon. I think we need one of the premium coats that totally covers their body as we just came inside

from a brief run in the rain and she's soaked down to the skin.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The same manufacturer has a jacket that looks pretty much the same. It is at a higher cost and has multiple sizes and colors available. I noticed it listed under the other jacket, as alternate items people purchased

https://www.amazon.com/RUFFWEAR-Shower-Waterproof-Jacket-Granite/dp/B00HE4XVW4/ref=pd_cp_199_2?pd_rd_w=eusuz&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=BAZG87RPACD1AXZA80BR&pd_rd_r=5953fc32-047d-11e9-a31e-7f34122bc55b&pd_rd_wg=THJ85&pd_rd_i=B00HE4XVXS&refRID=BAZG87RPACD1AXZA80BR&th=1

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see that Naughty N., but my concern was the cut didn't seem to cover as much of their body and at that price I'd

want him to be totally covered. For the time being I ended up buying a cheap (25.) yellow slicker but it's generous

in the coverage. Also I don't need any flannel lining or anything for warmth. It's 64 today but pouring. And everyday

in the hot 90's summer days, it pours so I need something as cool as possible.

Thanks for looking for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I currently have one of these for my GSD mix,

https://www.amazon.com/JYHY-Adjustable-Reflective-Waterproof-Lightweight/dp/B07BJKGGM8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1545337510&sr=8-13&keywords=dog+rain+jacket+pink

It keeps my dog fairly dry outside of the paws and legs. My dogs not a fan of the material since it's a bit loud but it does what it's supposed to.

I've been looking into buying her a new one (the one above was found at goodwill, so it fits but is a tad tight) So I've been thinking of getting her this one instead

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4D81Z9/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3LOSKYCHRHNUJ&psc=1

If you find a good raincoat let me know! I've been on the hunt for one since our dogs take forever to get dry unless thoroughly toweled.

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
What is the true need for this? Aren't we humanizing them too much? No coats for double coated dogs for us so she can move freely and remain resilient; rain or shine. A towel and a blow dryer when we get home if very wet. My Whippets did have rain coats as they barely have a coat of their own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is the true need for this? Aren't we humanizing them too much? No coats for double coated dogs for us so she can move freely and remain resilient; rain or shine. A towel and a blow dryer when we get home if very wet. My Whippets did have rain coats as they barely have a coat of their own.

For me it is an occasional convenience thing; something to have handy when there are days of practically endless rain and getting completely soaked is guaranteed. Sure my dogs coat can handle the weather fine and he goes bare for regular showers, but having to towel dry him several times a day for several days can get slightly time consuming as the days pass. Its nice to have the option to cover us both, go out and enjoy ourselves, then disrobe and be dry immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts