German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to begin a ranting thread, but keeping it short and simple - what's the best line you've ever heard from inept owners?

Mine goes like this: Myah is tethered to my waist on a 2' lead in a pet store, minding her own business. Someone with a small dog on a flexi clearly sees us and comes up behind us. Small dog is super fear aggressive, owner releases the flexi and in a nanosecond, the dog growls and nips Myah at the heel.

I say, "Don't let your dog approach without asking".

Owner responds, "I didn't." :eek:

...with the flexi lead still out. :headbang:

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Here's one from today: Rafi and I are walking down my street. Across the street are two people walking with off leash dogs who are running everywhere, in people's yards, over to the street, etc. I say, "If you're going to let your dogs walk off leash you need to train them to walk by your side, on the sidewalk, like this." I then let Rafi off his leash and he walks by my side. The guy's response, "Wow, that's great." They continue walking down the sidewalk as their dogs run willy-nilly through the neighborhood. :mad:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's another:

Myah is on a leash at my side on a nice walk. Small, fear aggressive dog off leash runs up to her from 40-50 ft away and is growling and trying to get at her. I calmly and firmly plant myself between them, verbally correcting the other dog super-sternly with "No! Leave it!" and point my hand toward the owner and say "Go!". Myah is trembling, behind me and staying put.

The other owner comes up to us, obviously inept, and says:

"Hey, don't be mean to my dog!" :cry:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's my favorite, this was around a month or so ago:

I'm walking Dillinger to the park, which is only across the street from my apartment complex, and this lady with a pit type dog shouts at me from literally a couple hundred feet away. She yelled at me to not walk near her dog, my thought was oh maybe the op dog is dog aggressive and it scares the lady, I told her not to worry amd that I'll give them space (not that we didn't have plenty already) THEN she asked if my dog was a male or female, I told her he was a male then she asked if he was neutered, I told her that he was not and then she pulled her dog close to her and told me that her dog is a "rescue" and that she is TERRIFIED of males because she was FORCED to have a litter.

All I could do was continue to walk. I teally wanted to tell her that there was a time when her little angel was acting like a little harlet and wanted it just as much as the male she was "forced" to be bred with.....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
I can't think of a line right now, but I took this picture for you guys, so I may as well post it on this thread.

Dude is on his bike, walking two Pitbulls on flexis.

I figured no one would believe me unless I took a picture. :crazy:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can't think of a line right now, but I took this picture for you guys, so I may as well post it on this thread.

:spittingcoffee: !lol

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
... told me that her dog is a "rescue" and that she is TERRIFIED of males because she was FORCED to have a litter.

All I could do was continue to walk. I teally wanted to tell her that there was a time when her little angel was acting like a little harlet and wanted it just as much as the male she was "forced" to be bred with.....
Not necessarily. Google "Pitbull rape stand". :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW! Hard to believe without that picture! :headbang:

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
the dog is going through a "stage".

Not to begin a ranting thread, but keeping it short and simple -

>>>>> what's the best line you've ever heard from inept owners?<<<<<

Mine goes like this: Myah is tethered to my waist on a 2' lead in a pet store, minding her own business. Someone with a small dog on a flexi clearly sees us and comes up behind us. Small dog is super fear aggressive, owner releases the flexi and in a nanosecond, the dog growls and nips Myah at the heel.

I say, "Don't let your dog approach without asking".

Owner responds, "I didn't." :eek:

...with the flexi lead still out. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
someone born and raised in canada called my dog a rottie or without asking they just assume shes a wolf/dog and refer to her as that. I dont even say a word or correct in those extreme cases.

A police man told me they use King shepherds for patrol dogs on the police force. He was not a rookie either.

Many small dog owners will on purpose take their dogs closer to yours i am not sure why i never understood it. My friend has many small dogs and she said she would not do that to a strange dog because you never know? but here many small dog owners will on purpose allow it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
they use rape racks on pit bulls like laurie said

so the female was probably forced to be in those many many times and now has serious issues cause of it

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Sent from Petguide.com Free App[/QUOTE]

I vote this line..lol..because this person has no idea that it is very possible. Where I live in Los Angeles, there are tons of pit bulls for fighting and forced to breed. I even volunteered with a rescue several years ago that would go and try to break these poor dogs out of their so called kennels. It was very scary business.

·
5,627 Posts
Oh I know there are breeding stands, some use for the not so friendly females. I'm sure it was a possibility she was put on the contraption to be forced to take the breeding but I do doubt the dog is terrified of intact males lol

I dunno. I think that would be a pretty traumatizing event for any dog.

While my dog is not terrified of intact males, she doesn't like them and will not let them sniff her (and she's spayed, never been bred).

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I would have to say its something that was said right on this forum...GSD's don't make good family pets, they don't like kids:crazy:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
someone born and raised in canada called my dog a rottie or without asking they just assume shes a wolf/dog and refer to her as that. I dont even say a word or correct in those extreme cases.

A police man told me they use King shepherds for patrol dogs on the police force. He was not a rookie either.

Many small dog owners will on purpose take their dogs closer to yours i am not sure why i never understood it. My friend has many small dogs and she said she would not do that to a strange dog because you never know? but here many small dog owners will on purpose allow it.
Cruz was also mistaken for a Rotti. He was 5 months at the time, so he was well pass the fuzzy puppy stage.

I was standing in line at a pet store and two women came up in line behind me. One asked how old my Rotti was and before I could correct her, her friend mentioned she used to breed German Shepherds. As I gave the " GSD breeder" a chance to correct the friend on her breed recognition, I said oh really? Cuzzzzz my dog is a German Shepherd. They looked at each other as I turned around to pay the cashier and walked out. It made feel like I was in the movie of "Dumb and Dumber".

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back when I had my first shepherd, was walking her calmly down the street, elderly lady on the other side walking towards me with a Yorkie in a handbag. I stopped and got Sienna to sit and wait before we crossed the road, and the lady gathers her be-handbagged dog into her arms and Shouts "keep your beast away from my <frou frou or some such silly name>"
Sienna is sitting quietly. Yorkie is slavering and snarling at her from her perch. I tried to explain Sienna was fine with small dogs and got the "GSD's are vicious" auto-reply. Gave up on a lost cause at that point before I said something I regretted!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I would have to say its something that was said right on this forum...GSD's don't make good family pets, they don't like kids:crazy:
Ha ha smh I guess my dogs are not the norm b/c they live with 3 brats :D

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
The best one that I will never forget, this was on a trip to Austin and I was very pregnant (8.5 months along) and I had Zeus sitting next to me, a lady came up with her 5 kids and tells me...

"Great looking dog, I have a B**ch in heat at home, is he intact?"

with that I said...

"I bet you do! Yes he is but he is not suitable to be bred, he will die a virgin".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts