German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long haired German Shepherd. He leaves piles of fluffy white furballs everywhere.....all day long.

I vacuum a few times a week. Once a day I go around with a microfiber mop thing, which attract the hair and works great to gather it all up.

But I need something that the kids can just grab and clean up quick for in between times.

What is the best cordless, hand held vacuum for piles of pet fluff? Bagless is a must b/c I'd spend a small fortune replacing bags as much hair as there is. Something with a lot of suction, and one where the filter wouldn't get dirty after 5 minutes?

Anybody have any luck with something like that?

Dee

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not sure of a hand held vacuum but I just came across a dyson tool that fits on the vacuum for grooming your dog. It is an actual fine tooth brush. I may have to give it a shot. I know that does not answer your question on the piles of tumbleweeds on your floor but perhaps getting it before it falls off with this tool may help. I am going to look into it and if I end up getting it I will report back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think part of our problem is that we cannot do anything like that with Krok. He hates vacuums with a passion and really any loud mechanical noise. He came to us at 8 years old with this issue.....try as we might, he doesn't change.

Petsmart has this de-shedding bath thing with a mega de-shedding blow dryer. I wish we could do that, but there is NO way. lol. We brush him, but he puts out tumbleweeds like nobody's business.

Also after reading reviews of hand held vacuums, would like one that the filter is washable and easy to clean, as well as no bag.

Anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts