German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cash is 4 1/2 months old and brushing his teeth just isnt happening. He wants nothing to do with it. I've been trying since he was 9 weeks.

What is the best bone out there for keeping teeth clean, freshening breath, and removing tartar buildup?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Cash is 4 1/2 months old and brushing his teeth just isn't happening. He wants nothing to do with it. I've been trying since he was 9 weeks.

What is the best bone out there for keeping teeth clean, freshening breath, and removing tartar buildup?

Thanks...

We found that if we tire Molly out (take her for a long walk and then play with her flirt pole) then brush her teeth It is allot easier

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use Soup bones from my local grocery store really helps with his pearly whites

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
they are also called marrow bones. Just asked for them from your meat department at your grocery store

·
Registered
929 Posts
oh ok :) thank you, i had also been looking for bones for shilos teeth, thanks! :D

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
yay! haha :) we like cheap ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
raw bones are the best for white teeth...always supervise however.....make sure the size of the bone is adequate....you can also get raw knuckle bones that are cut....

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
they are also called marrow bones. Just asked for them from your meat department at your grocery store
I wouldn't feed marrow bones (or any of the weight bearing leg bones.) They are extremely hard and can easily chip or break a tooth. Plus many dogs get diarrhea after eating the marrow - it is nutritious but VERY rich, and can upset the digestive tract. Best option is a nice knuckle bone from the butcher.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts