German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernhard Flinks will be coming to Chesapeake, Virginia..next to Virgina Beach for a schitzhund seminar. He will be having his seminar on January 19th and 20th, 2008. He will cover tracking, obedience and protection. Problem solving will be covered in all phases. This seminar will be small only 10 to 12 handler/dog teams. So each team will get a lot of individual attention.

Reply or PM me for more details. Bernhard is a fantastic trainer and this seminar should be excellent.

Jim

·
Registered
504 Posts
Attended the Flinks seminar. Lots of new ideas to think about and try to digest. Weather was awful but not a factor. Met lots of people of saw some excellent dogs. Bernhard was a big help in several aspects of training. Hopefully it won't be too long until he is nearby again.
Thanks Jim,
PaulH

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Paul,
I'm glad you enjoyed the seminar. Yes, I agree the weather on Saturday was miserable. You have an excellent dog, good luck with him. Bernhard was very impressed with the quality of dogs at the seminar and the handlers. He mentioned that several times during the police seminar to the K9 guys. He is coming back in June, 2009. I think it should be a little warmer than.

It was nice meeting you and I enjoyed watching your dog work.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Vikki,
I'm very glad they enjoyed the seminar. Saturday was lousy weather! Bruce and Ron are really nice guys. Bernhard really liked all the dogs and the handlers were really good sports with the weather. I was also impressed with the dogs, every dog that came out was really good. Saturday wound up being all obedience and Bernhard spent almost 45 mins or more with each dog and handler. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work my dog on Saturday. I had a tragic week at work and wasn't able to really participate on Saturday. I did get to work my dog on Sunday in protection and learned alot. Bernhard was alot of fun to train with.

Next year the seminar will be in early June, so the weather should be much nicer. It will probably be a three day seminar as opposed to 2 days.

When you see those guys tell them I said hello and thanks to you and them.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,
the closest shutzhund club to Norfolk is Dutch East in Va. Beach. You can get their info form Shutzhund USA or they have a website: http://www.dutcheastdogclub.org They are in Pungo on Newbridge Rd. I would recommend going and watching a couple of training days to see if it is right for you. You may also want to check out Armin Winkler's club, but it's a drive. It is the Rivanna Schutzhund club.

You can email me for more info or questions: [email protected]

Jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Jim,
I'll tell Ron And Bruce Hello from you:) Both want to go to another seminar and glad to hear the dogs did well. Zeke's name is Crazee and she sometimes lives up to her name:)

Very sorry about the tragic work week.

Vikki

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I noticed she had alot of drive. Probably enough for two dogs. I really like dogs with her drives. In my opinion it's easier to work with a dog with high drives like yours, rather than low or no drives. It's just a matter of finding the right method to channel all of that energy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally Posted By: SlamduncYes, I noticed she had alot of drive. Probably enough for two dogs. I really like dogs with her drives. In my opinion it's easier to work with a dog with high drives like yours, rather than low or no drives. It's just a matter of finding the right method to channel all of that energy.
Yes she does have drive!!! The 1st 2 weeks she was here-everyone knew when I had Zeke out-all they could hear was me saying Oww-easy-Okay here is your toy. The bruises took a while to clear up. She is fun to work-but with me limping and not able to walk fast -it was not pretty:))
Ron seems to enjoy working her-but it will be nice when she comes home.

Vikki

1 - 11 of 11 Posts