German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday Benny was playing in the park with his favorite Elite ball when a man operating a loud remote control car teased him by having the car run inches past him and then full speed ahead away. The man did not know Benny is used to chasing a Borzoi! Benny caught up with the loud smoking car, was shaking it in his mouth to kill, but outed when I caught up and told him! And last night while watching TV, the remote fell off the arm of the couch and Benny immediately got up, picked it up ( took two tries) and gave it to me. Love not just the intelligence, but the humor, perception of the GSD.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,341 Posts
Too funny - good boy Benny!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Love the photo! Too much fun, benny!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Good boy, Benny! Hope that guy learned his lesson! Rafi would have killed the car. He goes nuts when I put out little wind-up toys for the cats. Anything that moves if fair game!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl is the same. Anything that moves. That's why squirrels sit so still even when there is danger about until it just gets too close.

Lisl and I was out a little bit ago and a squirrel was in the yard. It sat there like a statue and Lisl didn't even see it until it moved. I know she had to have looked right at it a dozen times before it moved.

As soon as it moved, game on!

She would have destroyed that RC car.

That's a great shot!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Good boy Benny.

I really like the picture.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
should a dog be allowed to chase things? where's the recall?
what about "no" or "leave it"? i allow my dog to chase things
when he's in the yard not when we're out and about or in the
woods.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol, the RC owner should have known that dogs love to chase!

I love the intelligence, too :) Shadow, all on her own, learned to pick up the clicker if I accidently drop it and put it in my hand... because obviously I need it if I'm going to give her treats :p

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if you're walking your dog will your dog pick something
up if you drop it?

lol, the RC owner should have known that dogs love to chase!

I love the intelligence, too :) Shadow, all on her own, learned to pick up the clicker if I accidently drop it and put it in my hand... because obviously I need it if I'm going to give her treats :p

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Just yesterday my son got my nephew a remote control helicopter. My female is normally really good, but she wanted to eat that helicopter. She suddenly had more strength then I thought trying to get it. We let her smell it, but when it was moving it was a different story. I removed her from that situation rather quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts