German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 2 hours ago I put my girl down. I held her head and gave her all the love I could muster as the vet gave her the shot. "Thank you Sita, Thank you!!! It will all be OK now baby girl..I am so privileged and grateful to have had you!!"
She struggled with a herniated disc and severe spondylopathy for several years. It has been a difficult decision. At stake: her dignity and well being.
We did her favorite things the past two days....went tracking, to the golf course and park for a "run" ; many treats. Friends visited, we all reflected. Tears and some laughter

Rosewood's Hot Tamale "Sita" February 6, 2000 ~ March 26, 2008

Sweet Sita was my first dog and phenomenal teacher. She was a challenging dog at times due to temperament issues and fear. She worked hard with me and overcame many of those issues. Together we achieved her AKC CD. Very close to certify in tracking several times. SHe was a Delta Pet Partners Therapy dog for several years and certified through TDI. She joined me regularly at the Nursing Homes where I worked. SHe was a princess and perhaps Queen; so prim and proper.
This is a letter a former patient wrote about Sita...Below also is a photo of that same woman (who signed a release for web-posting)hanging out with Sita
[/img]

[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

The house is quieter. My heart is heavy, but I know I did the right thing by setting her free.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am so, so sorry for your loss. She was obviously loved by many - such a good girl. I know I can't ease your pain, but I hope you know myself, and many people on this board understand your loss. Again, I am so sorry.

Run free, sweet girl.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm so sorry about losing your girl. You gave her the last best gift, and she is greatful to you, have no doubt. You gave her a wonderful life filled with love and purpose, and she helped others through their dark times. She will always be in your heart, as you are in hers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hugs to you.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
What a fantastic letter to a wonderful girl and her mom - The photo says it all - you and Sita brought more hope to that woman's life than anyone else was able to do and I'm sure there were many others also. Rest in peace, Sita - good girl.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
My heart goes out to you on the loss of Sita, not only did you lose your first dog but as you so aptly stated, your "teacher." The letter was a fitting tribute and as for the picture, it says a thousand words. RIP sweet angel.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
The letter and pictures are a beautiful tribute to Sita and those whose lives she touched. Sita was certainly a very special girl, you're lucky to have known her. My condolences to you and those who loved her.
Rest in Peace beautful Sita!!!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Sarah, I've thought of you all day knowing what you were facing with your beloved Sita. The letter is beautiful and I'm sure it means the world to you. Sita is healthy again and will be safe with all of those who have gone before her. I'm so sorry...

Sita, I know you'll see your mom again some day, so until that time, watch over her. Run free and healthy, sweet girl...

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan. ~ Irving Townsend

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I know you're grief-stricken, so ignore the first two lines of this little poem. The rest holds true:

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you...
I loved you so.
'Twas Heaven here with you.
-- Isla Paschal Richardson

"It was Heaven here on earth with you." I have no doubt that Sita would tell you exactly that if she could speak right now.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost your Sita.
I lost my first GSD at the age of 8 also to a spinal cord problem. RIP Sita.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
What a loving tribute. You have a lot to be proud of with Sita. It sounds like she not only touched your life, but the lives of so many others. I am sure she will never be forgotten by those fortunate enough to have known her. *HUGS* Rest in Peace, beautiful Sita.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. She was obviously one special girl.

Thank you for taking the time to share her with us.

Rest in Peace Sita

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how very special Sita was to you and to those she helped as a therapy dog.

Sita

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I thought about you all day yesterday.

Sita was a very special and much loved girl. She touched many with her life and will live on your heart and mind forever.

(((((HUGS)))))

1 - 20 of 32 Posts