German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tomorrow evening, I will be sitting down having a phone conversation with Lauren Bode, who is an animal communicator. I heard about her from my mother, who heard about her on a yahoo group for dogs with degenerative myelopathy.

Lauren and I will be having an hour long conversation, as I will be talking to my GSD (Hero) who passed away a month ago, and my mom's dog who was a stray. I am a little nervous, because I don't know what our dogs have to say. I am extremely nervous because I don't want Hero to think I am replacing him with Gunner (the dog I recently adopted from the humane society).

I am not sure exactly what I want to hear, maybe reassurance that Hero is okay and will wait for me at the bridge.

Below is the link to Lauren's page, thought you wonderful people might be interested.

...:::Animal Talk with Lauren Bode:::...

·
Registered
646 Posts
i was always skeptical but there was a animal communicater at a dog expo once so i went to see her for fun. she looked at my fraya and said that Frays was very glad i picked her and that she remembers being so cold but i picked her up and held her in my coat. i was floored because i did indeed pick Fraya up when she was 6 weeks old from a lad that had her ina box at a shopping center and i put her in my coat and brought her home...she also said that she was worried because i was in bed sick and it made her scared..and once again i was in fact sick with pneomina about 2 months before the expo..the other things were just reg things i expected.that she loved me,she was happy etc..but those 2 things did in fact blow me away

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
( Opps this was suppose to go in the chat room, please move if needed).

Rooandtree- Yeah, don't get me wrong, I am a little skeptical; but reading other posts from other people who have spoken to Lauren on the yahoo group does give me some relief because one woman's dog told her that her leg wasn't connected to her back, which the vet confirmed.

All that is given to Lauren is you name, number, dog's name and their picture. Luckily we finally got some background from a guy down the road from my parent's house about their dog, so we will see what Lauren says about her.

I will admit, I really wish I had the ability to communicate with animals.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A friend of mine is a huge believer of animal communicators and has used one several times. She is always happy with them.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I used Lauren several years ago and was really impressed. I had her talk to Kessy and she had A LOT to say...LOL
I would definitely recommend her, don't forget to post how your reading goes!!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
$150 an hour... not cheap. I wish i made $150 an hour at my job.

And if she needs to travel more than 50 kms... $200 an hour for a minimum of 2 hours. $400 in 2 hours of work. Not a bad gig.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Wow the price was about half that when I had her do Kessy's reading

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
i would never do this, but if this brings you comfort, who am i to tell you how to spend your money. of course i would think a couple dollars of dog food donated to a local no kill shelter might bring you more comfort.

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
i would never do this, but if this brings you comfort, who am i to tell you how to spend your money. of course i would think a couple dollars of dog food donated to a local no kill shelter might bring you more comfort.
:eek: Well..there's a guilt trip for ya! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I don't know to believe or not to believe, have no experience with communicators. Wouldn't it be cool though if this did work (for lack of a better phrase) and Woolf could relay to me how I can better help him with his FA?

Rates like that shown and what I spend on training, can't do both <sigh>

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, it is a little more than I wanted, but I am willing to try it. I am excited to hear what Hero and Lil Bit (my mom's stray) say.

I will post my questions and their responses later this week. :)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I don't see why anyone should, or would try to make you feel bad about it. Lots of people believe in different things that cannot be explained. I would go into it with some skepticism, but open minded at the same time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
It's something I've wanted to do for some time! I'm not sure why I haven't actually pulled the trigger yet. I'll be very curious to hear your results! Do keep us posted!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I don't know. I'm not sure I want to know exactly how my animals feel about me. They'd most likely spend my entire hour complaining about each other anyways.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I don't know. I'm not sure I want to know exactly how my animals feel about me. They'd most likely spend my entire hour complaining about each other anyways.

I know what my little terrier mix would be thinking. "gerbil gerbil gerbil gerbil...bird bird bird bird....sleep...food...bird bird bird bird...bellyrubs"

Rinse and repeat lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts