German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STALKED OR TARGETED BY DOG NAPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was taking zola out for a walk when i noticed a warning advert on our local paper shop .......... saying that there is people going around and putting different color stickers on gates and doors for people who have dogs ... red is for large dogs ... blue is for medium dogs ... yellow for small dogs they watch the house and find a way of pinching your dog to use as bait for fighting dogs also they follow you on walks and try stealing them. how scary is that i am worried taking zola out to the park river letting her in the garden what do i do to make her safe ??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yikes, that's awful. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to make sure that any gates around your yard are properly locked and start carrying pepper spray while out on walks. I never leave without mine.

What a disgusting thing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is scary and very disappointing to hear. I would keep her on leash at all times and walk her when there is a lot of people around so the chances of anyone doing anything will be at the lowest point. I hope the proper authorities have been notified and they rectify the situation ASAP!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If they tried that in the USA theyd get shot. I have heard that pitbulls left in yards are targets- they just love everyone so are easy to steal. A typical gsd has suspicion and wont be taken.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they tried that in the USA theyd get shot. I have heard that pitbulls left in yards are targets- they just love everyone so are easy to steal. A typical gsd has suspicion and wont be taken.

i was told that they tape the dogs mouth or pull teeth so there fighting dog does not get harmed i hope to god your right about they are suspicious about gsd why is that then ?:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i wish they done that here to soft of a country Britain. :mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is scary and very disappointing to hear. I would keep her on leash at all times and walk her when there is a lot of people around so the chances of anyone doing anything will be at the lowest point. I hope the proper authorities have been notified and they rectify the situation ASAP!!
thanks yeah the police are involved its a horrible thing makes me sick and so angry :mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yikes, that's awful. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to make sure that any gates around your yard are properly locked and start carrying pepper spray while out on walks. I never leave without mine.

What a disgusting thing.

thank you will do that. our garden is very secure but you still worry dont you :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Pepper spray, perhaps carry a solid walking stick with you. People do that here and they don't care what the breed is. They will take the dog given the chance. Some places it's just more prevalent than others. Here people have had their homes broken into just for the dog. Make sure you check your property and remove any stickers you find. Be extra vigilant out on walks and possibly set up security cameras if possible around your home. If you make it less appealing, thieves will choose to avoid the harder to obtain 'prize' in the majority of cases.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Really? Well here in the great City of Chicago it does happen and exactly for the same reason. There was a GSD that was taken out of his yard, used for the same purposes as the OP stated, then his head cut off. Either the sicko did take the dogs tooth or was trying to as a trophy....SO YES IT DOES HAPPEN and one should NEVER let there guard down.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This story makes me physically ill. I have never heard of this happening. It is just hard for me to believe that anyone could do such horrible things to any living thing. It is frightening to think how many very sick people are walking around this earth.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if someone is that dumb to color code your fence i don't think you
have to much to worry about. remove the color coding. lol. don't
leave your dog unattended. if you're worried about someone taking
her while you're at the park river don't go there.

STALKED OR TARGETED BY DOG NAPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was taking zola out for a walk when i noticed a warning advert on our local paper shop .......... saying that there is people going around and putting different color stickers on gates and doors for people who have dogs ... red is for large dogs ... blue is for medium dogs ... yellow for small dogs they watch the house and find a way of pinching your dog to use as bait for fighting dogs also they follow you on walks and try stealing them. how scary is that i am worried taking zola out to the park river letting her in the garden what do i do to make her safe ??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would shoot the **** out of someone if they tried to take Zoey. I am always armed and have takin multiple tactical pistol training courses, so ill be safe from cruella deville lol.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i don't think a dog thief is dumb enough to color code a fence. lol.
i won't comment about people believing what they read online.

This is a false story circulating on the internet. Yes, dogs get stolen, always watch your dog and do not leave it without supervision, but there is no organized sticker gangs targeting homes:

snopes.com: Dog Stickers

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me ,IT IS happening

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are in the UK,and this is happening,they have caught people in the north east who are doing it,,When i say they are color coding fences,I didnt say they are painting the whole **** fence,,they are applying small stickers that if you werent looking for,you would never notice........

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more thing...If you read my first post,,I said it is a warning in a local shop.AND not a online gossip

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Maybe you can make an additional color code, and put up notices that warn these creeps that the dogs won't be leaving without a fight. I know I'd be off to jail if someone tried to take my puppy.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dogs do get stolen for multiple reasons, including the disgusting fighting. Some will steal a dog like a GSD if they think they are purebred. If someone sketchy asks me if mine is pure I tell them "na she is a mix but looks a lot like a shepherd" lol I don't trust anyone. This is why I see those AKC dog tags and think that is an advertisment to steal the dog. Around where I live the dog fighters seem to only think pits pits pits. There are so many pitbulls just sitting in yards and most of them are happy to run up to a stranger. The other day I was driving home and there was a very large pit that was probably a mix with something like rottweiler but looked like a huge Pitbull. He had heavy chain link collar on running down the middle of the street. I pulled over to see if the dog had a tag to call the owner and the dog about jumped in my truck to give me doggy kisses.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts