German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a couple dogs run up to us on our walk since the move. I'm afraid to tell the owner to leash their dog as I won't be paying their vet bill if my dog tries to eat theirs. Luckily from past experience I've been as to stop the off leash dog before it came to close. I actually heard and then saw the dog and am very lucky...is it rude to tell someone they need to leash their dog because mine are not friendly???

I've been here since Sunday morning and there's one incident that I can't get out of my head. It makes my blood boil actually. When my dad and I pulled up to our community this lady pulled in behind us. Most communities out here are gated and require a gate code to drive on to. My dad couldn't remember the code so I asked the lady behind us if she could give me the code to punch in and open the gate. She said she couldn't understand why we pulled up to the gate if we didn't have the code. The gate was half open due to wind and we thought it was in the process of opening...she drove through the other side where cars exit from and left us stranded in our U-haul :c do you think she was rude or was she right in bring careful not to give the gate code to us?

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I can understand her not wanting to provide the gate code to a complete stranger. However, I feel it was rude to leave you stranded there. If she was a resident she would have known a way to assist you in getting the code.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
She was being right. Driving in with a uhaul could mean you are there to clean out someone's home. That is kind of the point of a gated community is to keep out folks who don't belong there. How would she know? Now if it was an ambulance or a marked police car...well....that would be different.

If there is a leash law it is not rude to ask someone to leash their dog. If you dog is that unfriendly, get a basket muzzle.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Heck no. And if it is rude, well, you're better off being rude than in a nasty situation with bodily harm done to your dog, humans involved.. etc. THEY are the ones being rude, inconsiderate and dangerous. Every time I see theses jacka**es walking their ACD off lead I just want to smack the heck out of all of them and hand them a leash, they KNOW it's illegal, and that people do not appreciate it.

Is there a leash law?

As for the gate thing, yes, that was rude. All she would have had to do is ask where you're going and confirm it with whoever manages, or even your next-door neighbors.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Wasnt there a phone number or a call box on the keypad? How did you get in? Prolly the same num-nut who lets folks into my daughter's apartments without a key code. [She is in DC and the restricted access makes her feel safer but it is a joke]

I guess I don't understand why you would try to go through a gate if you did not have the code in the first place.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasnt there a phone number or a call box on the keypad? How did you get in? Prolly the same num-nut who lets folks into my daughter's apartments without a key code. [She is in DC and the restricted access makes her feel safer but it is a joke]

I guess I don't understand why you would try to go through a gate if you did not have the code in the first place.
No it's just a key pad; at least I've never used a call box on it. We had to call my mom who has a clicker to come and open it for us. It was about 5am. We thought the gate was opening when we pulled in because it was half way open due to the wind which had pushed it open half way. We had to pull in or stand on the street...

We also had a dolly with my car on it towed on U-haul...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts