German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I am currently working on a multi-part series in our blog. It involves releasing non-game traps in the event our dogs are ever caught in such tools. I feel it is a very important subject for all dog owners, but particularly for those of us who live in the country and/or go hiking. I am reviewing several websites that discuss the release of non-game traps, and I will be discussing and reviewing the operations of leghold traps, conibear traps and snares. Please visit my latest post, Being Aware of Traps part 2. I just want to share this with all of you, as we have come across traps before (one of which had a bobcat in it!), so I know that traps are out there where we hike. Yours sincerely, Christina (and Glor)

http://buoyantdog.blogspot.com/2010/02/being-aware-of-traps-pt-2.html

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
OMG, I am horrified to think something like this could happen (and likely does happen) to someone's pet. The thought makes me sick. This is awful. But you know what? I'm glad you posted this. What if it were to happen?? I just can't imagine.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I need to remind myself to have my Leathermen tool(has a good wire cutter on it) and sturdy pair of gloves with me when we we go on a hike up in the hills. The conibear trap looks absolutely terrible. It scares the heck out of me to think that these things are out there.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
yes, it happens. when i was young, our family's alaskan malamute got caught in a muskrat trap, but it was well secured. the trapper found him, luckily, and released him. he knew it was our dog and brought him to our house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts