German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have been trying for a couple of months now to get a dog from here in AL to Phoenix, AZ to a forever home. References have been checked, home visit has been done, but I can't get her there. She was supposed to fly out last night but continental out of Montgomery doesn't have a plane big enough to fly her (requires Giant Size airline crate). We were told we'd have to fly her out of Birmingham. The adopter was told tonight that Continental doesn't fly out of B'ham any longer.

Belle is a 5 yr old female WGSD. She was apprehensive about getting in and out of vehicles which was the main reason we were trying to fly her. She's getting better about that so she might be able to go on an over the road transport. Her potential adopter has been very patient, she started the process right after Thanksgiving. If we can't get Belle headed to AZ ASAP, I'll have to place her back up for adoption and start all over. I honestly feel that this is an excellent home for Belle or I wouldn't be going to all this trouble. Can anyone help me find a ride for Belle. I've asked for help setting up a transport for her before and no one replied so we tried to fly her.

Dawn

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Have you contacted Flying Paws.org? Or PawsnPilots? I would give them a shot for sure!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
There has got to be some volunteers on here that can help transport! Come on guys!!
Dawn, have you also tried Acme Pet transport? They are volunteers and maybe could help?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Someone I talked to asked about flying her out of Atlanta. It's a relatively short drive from Montgomery. Is that an option?

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I would help in a heartbeat but I'm in Northern California. Theres enough of us here....come on friends, we've got a five year old dog all ready for her new home...we've got a loving home for her...all we need is a little help....Please......please help...

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
TRANSPORT VOLUNTEER GROUPS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Members Description
Shelter Needs 157 This group is to bring together drivers, coordinators and the staff of shelters and animal controls for the benefit of transporting animals to rescue
Dog Transport Volunteers 696 Dog Transport Volunteers is a group for animal lovers who want to help pull from shelters, overnight/temp foster animals and help with transports or rescue functions
Dog Rescue Railroad 3,306 Rescue transport
Transport Express 172 National network of individuals who help transport, pull and temp foster animals in high kill shelters
Help Us Get Safe 442 Group for posting for transports, home visits, dogs in need of assistance, for example- shelters may post the dogs that they have in their shelters with the hope that someone might be able to help even one dog get to safety
Seabord Transporters Loop 165 This group is for NEW and SEASONED Volunteer DRIVERS to meet and help each other who live in the Eastern States, from Maine to Florida.
Rolling Rescue Transporters 478 RollingRescue is a place for rescues needing transport and transport volunteers to find each other. Our mission is to recruit truckers, RVers, communters and anyone else who travels to the network that helps to move rescued animals to safety in a rescue or from a rescue to their new adoptive homes.
GAA Transport 168 We are a national transport group dedicated to helping our fur-friends as well as any animal or critter get to their rescue, foster or forever home. This group is for transports only.
NC Region Interstate Transport 116 NC has 3 main interstate highway systems running through it. I40, I85 and I95. This group is dedicated to collecting rescue volunteers who work in transporting animals using these systems as their main routes.
I495 Rescue 220 The purpose of this group is to identify the dogs in shelters in Southern VA, Western MD and WV that are in danger of being PTS and rehome them to the many homes available in the DC Metro Area
Ca Rescue Railroad 654 The purpose of this list is to network animal lovers through out California and neighboring states in an attempt to transport dogs in need to new homes, rescue groups, etc.
Gas Chamber Rescue Transport 269 This board is to get dogs from EVERY GASSING Pound in North Carolina to their forever or foster homes.
Miami Dade Rescue Raildroad 347 Miami-Dade Rescue Railroad (MDRR) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization (made up entirely of animal-loving volunteers) that rescues and transports dogs and cats from Miami-Dade Animal Services, to no-kill facilities and foster homes throughout the state of Florida.
Rescue Transport 966 This list is dedicated to the transportation of Rescue animals. It is a resource in the transportation needs of rescue animals.
Pet Transport List 679 We are an ALL VOLUNTARY Rescue Transport Group. Getting Shelter animals to Rescues, Fosters and Forever Homes. PLEASE NOTE ANY Animal going to a Forever Home MUST be spayed/neutered BEFORE transport!
Animal Transports 544 This list group is for those wonderful animal angels that devote their time, energy and hearts to transporting animals from shelters, rescues, and abusive situations to a loving home or the safety of a protective rescue!
Paws Claws Resuers Transporters 1153 This list group is for the posting about Animals that need help with being Rescued and/or Tranports to a safe home.
Dog Transport 1,243 This list is for assisting rescues and shelter in finding drivers to take dogs to rescue/forever homes
IMOM Express 260 IMOM-Xpress is a list used by volunteers to arrange the transport of companion animals. We do not arrange transports ourselves, but publish requests for transports that are organized by rescue groups
TRUCK-N-PAWS 2,955 Transport List for pets in need, especially puppymill dogs needing to get to their forever homes
Rescue Angels On Wheels 469 We are a group comprised of Rescuers who transport, Transporters who rescue, AND the Big Hearted Animal Loving volunteers willing to help with both. We assist APPROVED Rescue Groups with transport TO the safety of Rescue and FROM Rescue to Adoptive Homes. We are an ALL BREED Transport Group
Illinois Animal Transporters 218 This groups sole intention is to transport rescued animals thru the state of Illinois. From shelters or animal controls, to foster care or their forever homes.
Not sure if this will work but I'm trying to 'borrow it' from another website.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
ok, I can't get the links to work if I copy all that it says but if you click on the link above you will find everything.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Dawn -

I sent you a PM regarding possible transport coordinators -

This long of a transport is going to need an experienced coordinator to formulate the route, secure the drivers, etc. It will likely be at least a 2-weekend transport with a temporary foster week in the middle.

Pat

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Just wanted to add -

Since this is such a long distance, as myoung already suggested, try contacting Flying Paws at http://www.flyingpaws.org - they are a group of pilots dedicated to flying rescue animals!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I requested a quote from Pet Air. They fly from Birminham to Phoenix but I have to wait til they email me with the quote. Will post as soon as I receive.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
so far no emails from Pet Air.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
hours have passed and still no email from Pet Air. Too bad they don't show the rates on their website!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I never got a darn quote from that company....growl!!!! Come'on friends this dog is sooooooo close to having her dreams of a forever home, PLEASE don't make her start all over. We need your help. I know gas is expensive (I'm paying upwards of $4.15 a gallon) but if the trip is broken up by several people it wouldn't be that much!! Can anyone find it in their hearts and schedules to please help out.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For right now this transport is cancelled and Belle is up for adoption again. Adopter is adopting something else right now and can't afford to do that and fly Belle out there even if we could get her out there. If we can work anything else out I'll try a ground transport.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am in Chino Valley, Arizona. If Belle or another adoptee winds up going by vehicle I can help from the I-40 route to the 17 to Phoenix. Keep me in mind for future transport in northern Arizona area.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just saw this thread (sorry!!) I am in San Antonio, and can drive a leg if needed. (I-10 and I-35 come into SA as well as US-281)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts