German Shepherds Forum banner

Beer?

16K views 75 replies 28 participants last post by  LisaT 
remember spuds mackenzie? "she" died of renal failure.. but she also lived to be 10y/o
but i cant say much... when i was a teen my buddy and i got his chihuahua high... <hides>

Recent studies have shown red wine and dark chocolate help reduce the risk of blood clots. And also little amounts of alcohol are alright esp red wine while pregnant is apparently proven alright.

Now based on your logic this is not possible..?

Just sayin.

Like I said earlier, I don't give my pets any liquor. But I am looking for facts, not hear say or possible historic myths
doesn't chocolate have a chemical in it that is poisonous to dogs? at least thats what all my books say.. ESPECIALLY bakers chocolate... not sure about the wine in very slight moderations... got to remember their liver isn't very big compared to humans

A lot of lists of "things that are poisonous" or otherwise dangerous to dogs include items people feed ALL THE TIME - raw chicken, raw eggs, raw fish. Which are perfectly safe and not poisonous or dangerous. But so many lists simply include them.
how exactly are these things poisonous? thats all they eat if in the wild.. plus the guts which would be more harmful

She said they are not poisonous, but items some books will site as dangerous for doggie consumption;)
i don't see how as long as its decently fresh and hasn't been sitting on the counter for hours on end... thats what they are meant to eat, allbeit i don't know how to fix my dog some barf or raw, so he eats TOTW canned and eagle pack kibble... but i have givin him some raw chicken strips.. we have givin our cat (14 y/o right now) chicken every time we cook it, and nothing wrong

:sick:i don't think i have EVER heard of a human dying from caffine.. or chocolate overdose or drinking too many acia berry drinks... not saying that the risk is out there... but you can die by drinking too much water, and there are far more people who die from over hydrating than eating too much chocolate or caffine... i however, was in iraq drinking nothing but red bull's and gatoraids, and ended up with one **** of a kidney stone... i drank at least a 6 pack of red bull and at least 12 pack of gatoraids in a day... i do believe i am still alive tho :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.