German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat picture. I drove 6 hours to train with another team for a day and a half, and one of the things we did is work under a low railroad trestle under a fast moving freight train. One good reason why nerve strength is important.

Now when we got under the bridge he did jump down from the platform to the floor of the boat then popped back up right after we left - we did multiple passes under the trestle. What a cool thing to add to our list of experiences - he has never worked near a moving train and it was LOUD and very smelly.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny, I grew up around trains and I think they have a strong oily odor about them. He really did not pay any attention to it. The noise is definitely pretty loud from under the train.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Maybe its all the clean diesel, filtering emissions and stuff in California. I think I notice the treated wood on the tracks more then anything, but enough sidetracking of it, Lol. I was just wondering if you thought the scent drew him back up from the floor of the boat? You'd think I could just ask something that simple.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh not at all - I think he went down TO the floor to get away from the train. His ears did not go back but you could tell it made him a bit uncomfortable-we were very close to the tracks at that point; he did not freeze or panic just got away from it. But then immediately jumped up and got back to work. We had a hide in the water close to the tracks about 100 yards from the trestle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts